• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Housing price Crash

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And they probably complain about the price of food. I always like to hear about people like your friends klause. Maybe their neighbors are why they need $4000+ per month. Needmore background before i give your friends sympathy. That seems like alot

Comment

I have a sibling whose combined income is %50 more than that and they need more. But their accustomed to more lifestyle than ive ever had.
      Now, $85k a year household before tax is probably a modest "middle" income.
      If your in a big city your in an old house and driving an older car.
      2 kids in school and you have to budget. 25 years to pay off one house.
      We all think it would be easy.
      Farmers forget those people have no writeoffs and no rebates. Taxed on everything.

Now, however irrelevant, if you were paying child support on those 2 kids, you would be living off approx half that after tax and support.

Most people spend a lot. I agree.
      But most farmers are uber insulated from the average.

Comment

Originally posted by blackpowder View Post
        Most people spend a lot. I agree.
        But most farmers are uber insulated from the average.
        Agreed.

Comment

Agreed

Another thing to consider is daycare expenses. In Calgary it's around $1000 per kid. Yes that's per month

Iceman Out

Comment

People in general have been making their own bed the last ten years .
            Everyone wants to live like a Hollywood movie star on a modest wage .... hence why Canadian household debt is so high.
            It will crash , it’s unsustainable.
            Take away 20% more of current disposable income to save the environment with carbon tax and things will be far worse.
            Fuel , food , clothing, vehicles, tires , parts ... well every consumable product will be hit .

Comment

black powder is exactly right..
              esp . the guy paying big child support ,

been wrong 100 times , but land has to be peaking.
              can see the time again, when you can not gross your payment with the production
              off a quarter . little lone the net.
              but if you are young enough , it may still work out in the long term..

housing , same thing , you look at the build up in Saskatoon and wonder what do all these people do
              for a living ?

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
                Agreed.
                Uber insulated as in I spent the last 25 years trying not to spend more than I earn?
                My hired help called to see if he was coming to work here this spring. There were a few conversations last year that I didnt appreciate. I spent a lot of time negotiating when he should come to work vs. his desire to pursue personal interests. One of them was “ with these long hours, the pay looks kind of shitty.”
                Well enough. Keep looking for fewer hours and more pay. indeed.com is an excellent resource.

Comment

Originally posted by sawfly1 View Post
                  black powder is exactly right..
                  esp . the guy paying big child support ,

been wrong 100 times , but land has to be peaking.
                  can see the time again, when you can not gross your payment with the production
                  off a quarter . little lone the net.
                  but if you are young enough , it may still work out in the long term..

housing , same thing , you look at the build up in Saskatoon and wonder what do all these people do
                  for a living ?

Ain’t that the truth Sawfly? That seems to be the way it is in every city. Houses just keep getting bigger, more kitchens- but no one cooks at home, food comes from take-out and boxes. The other day about a 60 year-old woman told me she never cooks-her husband buys and prepares all the food. I was floored! At Home Depot, a lady was buying supper for her husband and her-2 absolutely huge subs enough for days. Why do people need two ovens, two dishwashers, two fridges, is there something that I am missing?

Comment

Lol
                    Last edited by farmaholic; Apr 5, 2018, 07:21.

Comment

Originally posted by ajl View Post
                      Poorer farmland around here is already dropping in price but the better stuff is hanging in there but not setting new price records. Can't give an acreage away here either. Farmland is staying up there for now because there is nothing else to do. As the Canuckistanian economy disappears, good jobs are more rare than unicorns and so all millennials are coming back home to farm. Spend some time on indeed.com and you will see why.
                      Do you honestly just look for opportunities to say the word "canuckistan" in your posts? It somehow works its way in to basically every single post you write on here. Its pretty disrespectful to keep suggesting that our country is so similar to the shit-whole third world countries your tying it to.

Comment

I'm not sure how were Uber insulated either.

We have a mortgage utilities need food and gas and everything else a family in the city does plus the capital costs of equipment buildings and land and that $700,000 a year to seed weed and grow a crop.

I could honestly just farm 3 or 4 quarters keep 20 cows and go boring 7 months of the year and make way more money have zero stress and actual time for my family.

Farming big acres only to break even and keep every other retailer and supplier happy while we stress out every penny and paying our bills seems more and more retarded by the day.

Comment

I agree with Klause and it would be hilarious to see some of these BTOs who are taking on the worlds bottom line.

FLAT and praying it doesn't go down.

Breaking even sucks but i can bet you the Dealerships and suppliers don't even dream of Breakeven. Some thing is wrong with the system.

Renting a piss pot of land just to break even and play is stupid.

But to each his own.

Comment

Originally posted by farmboy44 View Post
                            Do you honestly just look for opportunities to say the word "canuckistan" in your posts? It somehow works its way in to basically every single post you write on here. Its pretty disrespectful to keep suggesting that our country is so similar to the shit-whole third world countries your tying it to.
                            When the shoe fits. This country is vigorously pursuing the kinds of policies that make the third world what it is. It is basically a one industry country with the energy industry. Farming falls loosely under that banner. Virtually all wealth has a connection with government leading to rampant crony capitalism in Canuckistan. This include SM as well as wind turbines etc. Government is importing voting blocs using immigration and trying to make this country an Islamic country. Everything now is about race and gender. Those are the things that make your country an s-hole.

Comment

Originally posted by sumdumguy View Post
                              Ain’t that the truth Sawfly? That seems to be the way it is in every city. Houses just keep getting bigger, more kitchens- but no one cooks at home, food comes from take-out and boxes. The other day about a 60 year-old woman told me she never cooks-her husband buys and prepares all the food. I was floored! At Home Depot, a lady was buying supper for her husband and her-2 absolutely huge subs enough for days. Why do people need two ovens, two dishwashers, two fridges, is there something that I am missing?
                              Lol in essence over the last 10 years they traded any savings in cash for 2 of ever appliance and the over sized house. They better own their lifestyle cuz it ain't gonna replace their pension that went tits up over the same period. Pretty sure the reasoning for low rates was tapping into the gluttony in everyone. The cure of the last crisis will be causation of the next.

Comment

Originally posted by ajl View Post
                                When the shoe fits. This country is vigorously pursuing the kinds of policies that make the third world what it is. It is basically a one industry country with the energy industry. Farming falls loosely under that banner. Virtually all wealth has a connection with government leading to rampant crony capitalism in Canuckistan. This include SM as well as wind turbines etc. Government is importing voting blocs using immigration and trying to make this country an Islamic country. Everything now is about race and gender. Those are the things that make your country an s-hole.
                                How in gods name does that make us anywhere near the middle east?

As was said to another user on this forum who likes to call this "the worst place in the world to live"

theres a lot of countries (including 'stan ones) that you harrows would trigger a land mine in to this day

sure theres a lot of things going on here that we don't like.

but don't disrespect the men and women whove died to make country what is by referring to us in this manner

thank you

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...