• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CFA: Farm Leaders Underwhelmed by 2018 Federal Budget.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
    Its hard to argue with that comment bucket. I wonder what percentage of GF2 funds go to Industry versus "Business Risk Management" for primary producers.
    Over 50% for sure would go to advisors, succession planners and consultants would be my estimate.
    A lot of these people seem to be one generation removed from the farm.

Just from my observations.

Comment

Grassfarmer

Nope still thinking. ...I have spent time calling politicians. One guy can't make a difference.
      Last edited by bucket; Mar 1, 2018, 14:33.

Comment

Bucket you are right on the money regarding GF2 cash, it’s sucked up by the “industry” but in the budget or on paper it looks as though agriculture benefits. Close the department of Ag, close it. Grassy as to free markets? There are no free markets. Only manipulations. Doesn’t matter what country, India moves the pulse market at their benefit, Canada manipulates and controls the dairy market, every govt world wide ***** with the wheat market, so on and so on. Western Canadian Farmers=price takers. Don’t like it? Move on.

Comment

Cleanseed the next generation of seeder is sucking on the government tit hard....

For a drill at 600k plus....
          Last edited by bucket; Mar 1, 2018, 17:06.

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
            Grassfarmer

Nope still thinking. ...I have spent time calling politicians. One guy can't make a difference.
            I wasn't getting at you bucket, just the lack of enthusiasm in general.

Like sheepwheat I'm content to make my own solutions now having spent a lot of time and energy in the past trying to motivate the silent majority in the commodity industry.
            I'm no longer even sure what the true situation is - you see the figures that show how desperate things are, you hear the complaints of how bad it is - yet many of the same guys are complaining how much tax they are having to pay, land prices are rising , rents are rising and the holidaying is in full swing.

Comment

My problem is how do governments support industries for jobs yet completely ignore ag....

Cleanseed ....Bombardier. ...there has been funding to graincos. ... etc...
              Last edited by bucket; Mar 1, 2018, 17:06.

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
                My problem is how do governments support industries for jobs yet completely ignore ag....

Cleanseed ....Bombardier. ...there has been funding to graincos. ... etc...
                Because INDUSTRY lobbies the Government, farmers don't - because they won't organize and lobby with a united front.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                • Return to Topic List
                Working...