• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tim Probe removed from RM of Sherwood council

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My comments were deliberately harsh to you because you have for YEARS chirped from the peanut gallery about issues.

These are issues that I haven't seen on ours or surrounding rms. So that is where the comment comes, if no one else cares then it is probably only a fictitious problem in your own mind or you would easily rally support to run for council and fix it.

I have seen it many many times over the years where good people are on town or rm councils or even volunteer boards and get fed up by the constant whining of those who have no valid beef, who continually nitpick and really just want to hear themselves talk. But when election cycle after election cycle goes by and they dont have the balls to step up then people see right through you.

Comment

What a crock of crap sounds like a nerve was struck with someone who like so many gets on counsel only to do work for themselves and their friends. Not to mention in on land deals etc.
      In 2 of the rms I farm in the only roads that see a grader are the councillors land and gravel only goes there also. Will never change because in each division too many family members live so they just rotate. No one else ever has a chance there.
      1,000 dollars a day. Hahahaha oh fk me your just rollin in it aren't you. You helpin Billy with the irrigation again. HahahHah

Comment

It is easily within the realm of possibilities for a farm to Net a thousand dollars a day. A large well established farm that owns a lot of land.....easily done.

Comment

1,000 a day easy won't even get into all the variables to go with that on some years a small farm can do that easy but to brag about it and then go off losing your marbles swearing when your a coucelor wow must be so approachable to deal with. Realm asshole. Hahahaha

Comment

Ha Big Wheel. Your the type who doesn't volunteer for anything. But your the first in line for a free doughnut.

The point was, if you are chirping from the the peanut gallery about basically the same thing for frigging years either do something about it or shut up.

And actually I kind of think it isn't as big a deal as one-off states or more people would be upset.

Comment

If only you knew where I ve volunteered and it wasn't somewhere that I benefitted at all other than satisfaction of helping some out.

Comment

Lep, we've been kicking around since 1972 and had land in 3 RM's. i can tell you, 2 of them were awesome. Nothing but great service. Guess it just depends who is on council. The other one was a nightmare. They wouldn't maintain the road even though it was a designated heavy haul road. When we bought our own maintainer, they disallowed us from maintaining the one-mile stretch that was low and problematic, just this one griper complaining. Our neighbour on council was a jealous ugly B--- and the whole council had to fight him tooth and nail. We are gone from there now and only have super RM's. I dont want amalgamation, I like these guys.

Comment

Originally posted by the big wheel View Post
                  If only you knew where I ve volunteered and it wasn't somewhere that I benefitted at all other than satisfaction of helping some out.
                  It's nice that you volunteer for the poker rally. But how about your local rm or better yet your hamlet or village, where you get to clear snow and run the water plant.

Comment

There are some great rms but some are corrupt. Could never figure out why every quarter of land pays tax yet some roads never see gravel. If no gravel or grading then knock down the taxes. I ve had equipment stranded on fields for days only because a sudden shower locked me in. Yet guys on a field a few miles over could move to an area where ther was no rain.

Comment

I am not saying there isn't shit going on in different rms. After a couple election cycles you have lost the right to bitch about the same issue if you have done nothing to correct it.

My yardsite is on pavement so no extra gravel or grader work going on here. Plus I have yet to witness it since I have been on.

Regarding amalgamation, our RM is already 9 townships by 3. If it was much bigger, I think a whole lot more staff would have to be hired and expense incurred.

Comment

I have been on council for quite a few years and i agree its a thankless job. I would encourage anybody with concerns about their RM to step up and run for council. We have a annual spring rate payer supper every year and I make a point of having nomination papers handy at these suppers to give to interested people. Unfortunately the ones that want to complain the most about how things are done move away very quickly when encourage to run. They enjoy throwing stones but don't to step up serve their rm. I believe its a fear of having other people mad at them if they make a decision the person doesn't like. My term is up this fall and i'm telling lots of rate payers in my division that i'm stepping away. I feel too many councilors stay too long and many ratepayers don't wont to run against a sitting councilor that they don't have much of a beef with other than the individual had been there too long. Councils need renewal with fresh ideas from new people. Those of you that haven't served, should give some thought to running this fall if your division is up for election.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesb View Post
                          I have been on council for quite a few years and i agree its a thankless job. I would encourage anybody with concerns about their RM to step up and run for council. We have a annual spring rate payer supper every year and I make a point of having nomination papers handy at these suppers to give to interested people. Unfortunately the ones that want to complain the most about how things are done move away very quickly when encourage to run. They enjoy throwing stones but don't to step up serve their rm. I believe its a fear of having other people mad at them if they make a decision the person doesn't like. My term is up this fall and i'm telling lots of rate payers in my division that i'm stepping away. I feel too many councilors stay too long and many ratepayers don't wont to run against a sitting councilor that they don't have much of a beef with other than the individual had been there too long. Councils need renewal with fresh ideas from new people. Those of you that haven't served, should give some thought to running this fall if your division is up for election.
                          Agree 100%

Comment

After reading your comments and James comments not hard to see the difference in attitude and conduct likely.
                            But nice try to jump on someone respectable s ship to make yourself sound good. Why didn't you speak like that? I could tell right off James would be someone approachable yet able to make fair judgements.
                            Hahahaha

Comment

And you are the jerk in the peanut gallery.

Comment

Simmer boys. Good us folks can come on here and have some discourse and realize the good folks and assholes on both sides of the power structure. Now reserve politics shows how corrupt local politics can become when there is no accountability. Thank god at least with our rm system there is accountability more so than chief and council have to abide by. Local corrupt chief was looking like they might vote him out until he threatened everyone with bad medicine if they didn’t vote for him. So if you’re running for rm council and your chances are shit there’s a possible strategy.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...