• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Marketing/Canola

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bowerpower View Post
    Might be time to lock in some futures in my nexera basis contracts. Or wait and play the spring seeding drought card.....
    was thinking the same , can get $12.35 right now for sept.oct. nov, new crop delivery , nipawin

Comment

We should be considering the Nexara program. My ability to hold for later delivery would probably pay dividends and buy time for available pricing options. How do the new varieties compare to the poor reputation of the old ones. The premium appears quite lucrative, is that an attempt to make up for a production shortfall?

There must be pricing options based on how much risk you want to take.

Maybe time to take a fresh look again.

Comment

With the Cargill specialty, the farther out the higher the pemium.
        Only so much allotted to each month. You may not get the slot you want.

Premium more than compensates for any yield lag, but of course trucking could eat into that. Seed used to be a good buy but not any more

Comment

I've done the CSCO(Cargill) stuff in the past. Usually took the July/Aug delivery month. Yields weren't so good and you're right, trucking ate into premiums in the pricing options.

I might be looking to straighten out the rotation a bit if we get good spring rains, but would have to(want to) seed CL canola on Odyssey sprayed pea stubble. Too dry last year to attempt any other canola system on that ground this year. We have seeded LL canola on pea stubble lots in the past but without much rain last season I'm thinking we will see too much residual chem damage. Actually I think last year's canola suffered a bit of damage from the previous year's Odyssey on peas stubble. In places headlands had "mysterious" triangles of poor crop.....probably overlap before sprayer sectional control completely shut off each section....first time I ever noticed anything, don't want to chance it after the droughty conditions last year.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...