• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone following this ?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by burnt View Post
    There you have it. Selective support for the Charter.

You cannot have it both ways, sawfly (and tweety). But you just wrote down for all to see that you do want it both ways based on what YOU believe.
    And this selective support is exactly the rule Justin brought in for all his new MP’s and now is trying to be a dictator to impose his immoral views on the nations summer job program.
    Some people (as we’ve witnessed in this thread) should not have power or they become lawless and will impose their own views.

Comment

Sheep

"Against people who believe in the fact that abortion is murder? Or is the baby at nine months just a blob?"

I'm not against people who think abortion is murder, but more so those who force their belief onto others, and feel that women shouldn't have a choice when it comes to abortion. Based on what you have posted on here I would say you definitely feel that you can make that choice on behalf of women and I'm sure yourself and wife will be forcing this belief onto your Bible camp participants. You can deny this till the cows come home, but you posts speak volumes indicating such.

As for abortion being perform at nine months when does that ever happen?

As for getting government funding for your camp I say B.S to that, even before the so called controversial question came up, never should happen. If your wife and you can't run it on funds from the participants, to bad. As a staunch Conservative as yourself, it's hard to believe you have the nerve to apply for any government assistance as there should never be any government aid for self promoting groups, right. I do recall when you ran under the handle of Freewheat there was a tread here on Agriville stating there should be so sort of Federal Government Disaster Program for farmer suffering from drought and you were dead against it. But, here you are making a case that you can not receive a Government grant to run your Bible camp.

Comment

Originally posted by foragefarmer View Post
        Sheep

"Against people who believe in the fact that abortion is murder? Or is the baby at nine months just a blob?"

I'm not against people who think abortion is murder, but more so those who force their belief onto others, and feel that women shouldn't have a choice when it comes to abortion. Based on what you have posted on here I would say you definitely feel that you can make that choice on behalf of women and I'm sure yourself and wife will be forcing this belief onto your Bible camp participants. You can deny this till the cows come home, but you posts speak volumes indicating such.

As for abortion being perform at nine months when does that ever happen?

As for getting government funding for your camp I say B.S to that, even before the so called controversial question came up, never should happen. If your wife and you can't run it on funds from the participants, to bad. As a staunch Conservative as yourself, it's hard to believe you have the nerve to apply for any government assistance as there should never be any government aid for self promoting groups, right. I do recall when you ran under the handle of Freewheat there was a tread here on Agriville stating there should be so sort of Federal Government Disaster Program for farmer suffering from drought and you were dead against it. But, here you are making a case that you can not receive a Government grant to run your Bible camp.
        We do not need the funding to run. That is not the point. The point is the principle of this issue, that the government is doing this. It is the issue of discrimination, more so than the funding. We will manage, many will not, it is still wrong to pick and choose winners and losers based on what they believe.

With regards to who we hire: we have never received an application from an atheist to work at our camp. We do not force people to do anything, I have no clue where you get this idea?

Comment

Originally posted by Sheepwheat View Post
          We do not need the funding to run. That is not the point. The point is the principle of this issue, that the government is doing this. It is the issue of discrimination, more so than the funding. We will manage, many will not, it is still wrong to pick and choose winners and losers based on what they believe.

With regards to who we hire: we have never received an application from an atheist to work at our camp. We do not force people to do anything, I have no clue where you get this idea?
          I hope at least you understand the problem at hand created by pro life MP's - both Liberal and Cons. Bad choices on their part. I hope you also realize the government in power strongly feels the matter of women to choose is important and to be protected. They are after all a majority govt and can do as they please.

The checkbox is a terrible solution, not well thought out. But it will be whack a mole policy if it is struck down since they will just come up with another way to limit the terrible choice of these MP's contrary to their party policy.

Which is why i keep asking, how do you deal with the problem? But maybe you don't think it is a problem funding those organizations that are contrary to the charter.

Do you think Canadians have the charter right of thought and religion?
          Yes, you can think what ever you want, you just can't impose your thoughts and religion on others or discriminate against them.

Nothing against bible camps, or the cherry festival, or the run down church in need of repair.

And again, a terrible checkbox, but there will be another, and another, and another till they get it right. Its unfortunate your camp got screwed in the process, here's hoping they eventually get it right.

Comment

Originally posted by tweety View Post
            I hope at least you understand the problem at hand created by pro life MP's - both Liberal and Cons. Bad choices on their part. I hope you also realize the government in power strongly feels the matter of women to choose is important and to be protected. They are after all a majority govt and can do as they please.

The checkbox is a terrible solution, not well thought out. But it will be whack a mole policy if it is struck down since they will just come up with another way to limit the terrible choice of these MP's contrary to their party policy.

Which is why i keep asking, how do you deal with the problem? But maybe you don't think it is a problem funding those organizations that are contrary to the charter.

Do you think Canadians have the charter right of thought and religion?
            Yes, you can think what ever you want, you just can't impose your thoughts and religion on others or discriminate against them.

Nothing against bible camps, or the cherry festival, or the run down church in need of repair.

And again, a terrible checkbox, but there will be another, and another, and another till they get it right. Its unfortunate your camp got screwed in the process, here's hoping they eventually get it right.
            Well, tweety, perhaps there IS actually a simple way to get it right - simply recognize that murder isn't acceptable at any stage of life.

Or do you and the other pro-abortionists on here support murder?

The violent taking of an innocent human's life is indefensible in any case - how much more so when it is the life of a completely defenseless, tiny human being developing inside what should be the safest place on earth, the mother's womb?

And for the unconscionable who like to claim that it isn't human - but just a "parasite", please explain when it becomes a human. Pretty tough to parse or dismiss the complex biological process.

To claim that the unborn is a parasite because it is completely dependent before birth is a stupid , unsupportable argument because the infant is just as helpless and dependent after birth as it was 30 seconds before entering the world.

Does the infant become human when his or her head emerges? Nope, because partial birth abortion is a thing. Doesn't matter what frequency of occurrence; I can and will provide the graphic accounts as given by those who helped perform them if necessary.

But for now I will give example of one of many who survived their intended demise:

http://giannajessen.com/#listen http://giannajessen.com/#listen

Her mother unsuccessfully tried to end her life , third trimester- how is abortion anything short of cold-blooded murder of a defenseless human being?

Do you pro-choice folks have children? If so, look at them and try to explain "choice" to them...

Therefore, the "checkbox" has become the catalyst, or is it crucible, that delineates between those with whom you could trust your life - or not.

Comment

That's just an opinion on your part. You can believe that all you want. You are absolutely free to decide not to get an abortion. You can even demonstrate and lobby against the charter, peacefully. Freedom of peaceful assembly - your church and camp, the cherry festival.

You have the freedom to a democratic vote, to live and find a job anywhere in Canada, the legal rights if accused of a crime, to speak either language. If you are aboriginal - even more special rights.

You just can't tell your daughter, your wife, the neighbor, my daughter, the.... she can't have an abortion if she chooses to. Or your son to live and marry another man and be happy together.

For that, they have the charter and not your opinion.

Comment

Was easy for me to explain but not for her to decide or actually see and be a part of the struggle, and it went something like this....

The fetus has no rights in Canada. It is a woman's choice on what she wants to do.

But also there are the minority in Canada who believe the fetus should have rights. But that group has control issues to start with. What they say however has merit.

It is a complicated decision for women - but it is your choice. You put yourself in this position but ultimately it is your decision how you want your life to be.

So, it is up to you to chose. Not me or your mother.

Comment

Was easy for me to explain but not for her to decide or actually see and be a part of the struggle, and it went something like this....

The fetus has no rights in Canada. It is a woman's choice on what she wants to do.

But also there are the minority in Canada who believe the fetus should have rights. But that group has control issues to start with. What they say however has merit.

It is a complicated decision for women - but it is your choice. You put yourself in this position but ultimately it is your decision how you want your life to be.

So, it is up to you to chose. Not me or your mother.
                  Kinda missed the point about biology and all that, but then selective science is okay and normal for your kind.

Also indicates the complete lack compassion and conscience.

Wear your name tag proudly there tweety.

Comment

Kinda missed the point about biology and all that, but then selective science is okay and normal for your kind.

Thanks burnt, well said, hypocrites all. Or maybe deniers is better.

Comment

So what you are saying is you should have made the decision for her because you know what is best for everyone?

Comment

So what you are saying is you should have made the decision for her because you know what is best for everyone?
                        Show me where I said that tweety. And then we will proceed from there.

Comment

For decades pro life organizations were in denial about the consequences of denying women the right to choose. By outlawing abortions, they pushed women to seek abortions that put women's lives at risk. That doesn't seem pro life to me.

Fortunately they now have the option of the abortion pill Mifegymiso that will make it much easier and safer.

No one thinks abortion is a good thing. But Pro Life organizations have often included those who oppose sex education in the schools. Teaching all kids about sex, contraception, relationships and family planning is the best defense against unwanted pregnancy and will reduce the need for abortions.

This does not stop families and faith groups from teaching their own values.

Comment

It just saddens me to read this how any human can deny a precious little baby their right to live just feels like a sick nightmare to me.
                            Obviously this abortion issue has been settled but maybe this is a good thing to stir this up again. Not just on agriville because there’s only a handful of people that actually read this. But perhaps it’ll stir up some support for the God given rights of those precious little humans that are being murdered.
                            I just can’t wrap my mind around how ANYONE is ok with that.

Comment

Why does allowing people to make their own decision cause you to be so angry and judgemental?

Why must you control everyone around you to think and be just as you do?

Comment

Originally posted by quadtrac View Post
                                It just saddens me to read this how any human can deny a precious little baby their right to live just feels like a sick nightmare to me.
                                Obviously this abortion issue has been settled but maybe this is a good thing to stir this up again. Not just on agriville because there’s only a handful of people that actually read this. But perhaps it’ll stir up some support for the God given rights of those precious little humans that are being murdered.
                                I just can’t wrap my mind around how ANYONE is ok with that.
                                It is a sickening sign of society. We simply have loose morals, and the slope is getting steeper. One only needs to watch the news a bit to see how western society is going to pot. It is going to be our downfall.

I do not get it either, especially those who are alive and weren’t aborted, and also those who have kids, and have seen video of the little “blob” floating around in mommy’s tummy. The blob with arms legs, and a heartbeat.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...