• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why I Bought A CX-6 SMART Seeder.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Obviously paid for is best.
    Maybe this guy paid for his. No gun to anyones head.
    In 30 years when a new drill has its lineage from a planter style. I'd be running a 10-15 year old.
    Have a neighbor who seeds like 1982. Works fine if he does his job. No, he doesnt need highest yield. Fert bill half too.
    But not because his seeding tool is the cheapest per acre. But because his other fixed costs including living are zero as farming a hobby for him.
    Your successors better have a 100k off farm career.
    When the next great depression arrives we'll adapt then.
    I hate my 5710 and cant afford to buy better.
    But that doesnt stop the future from looking very interesting.
    Next trend smaller automated units?

The comment about more tillage required is a good point. Already moving that way already until big dry comes back.

Comment

Now that interest rates are climbing, what's the feasibility on a $750k seeding tool at 8-10% interest rates? I'm wondering if we don't go into a cool down cycle in the latest and greatest tech. Yes there's efficiency but not enough to compensate without zirp.

Comment

Agreed. Quite possible we are at platuea for a while. Most of todays new a tweaking not a new tech.
        Falling off of demand for new wont make it cheaper though. Just creates a future demand surge.

Comment

In action

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...