• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Niqab in Quebec.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sawfly your comparisons are way off the mark. I will admit circumcision of males for religious reasons is stupid but there are a host of other reasons for the procedure if you take the time to read up on it. Mutilating female genitalia can not be justified for any reason that I am aware of. It’s obviosly meant to remove any pleasure from sexual activity for females. As far as religious headgear goes I think anyone with a clear thought process can distinguish the difference between a scarf or a big black hat and fully covered face.

Comment

Originally posted by redleaf View Post
      Sawfly your comparisons are way off the mark. I will admit circumcision of males for religious reasons is stupid but there are a host of other reasons for the procedure if you take the time to read up on it. Mutilating female genitalia can not be justified for any reason that I am aware of. It’s obviosly meant to remove any pleasure from sexual activity for females. As far as religious headgear goes I think anyone with a clear thought process can distinguish the difference between a scarf or a big black hat and fully covered face.
      I kinda thought the same, but decided that his self-proclaimed bigotry is likely clouding his vision...

Comment

Someone jumped on me for stating North Americans routinely circumcise infant males....I was playing Devil's Advocate that day when female genital mutilation came up in a discussion.

Does every country bend rules for immigrants or are they expected to assimilate?

A woman (?and how would i know) wearing a niqab who supposedly converted was interviewed and was adamant her rights are being violated....or is that person just that "type" of person.....a shit disturbing pot stirring "victim"!

I've witnessed people dressed completely covered wearing a niqab...it is a bit unnerving. .....but I'm just a racist profiler!

Maybe I like going nude in public....but there's laws against doing it (probably a good thing too...lol)

Comment

I’m also opposed to Muslims wearing their religious garb but in the interests of equality let’s eliminate all religious clothing, jewelry and paraphernalia. Sikhs can lose the turbans and daggers. Christians can lose the collars, crucifixes and other symbols and robes. Jews can leave the yarmulke at home. While we’re at it all the religions should be taxed on their income and holdings. Let’s give atheists equal status. The only way you can have true equality is to take away all privilege.

Comment

One day, some of these ****ers in oversized garbage bags will actually be men and walk into a mall in Ottawa or Montreal, loaded to the max with bombs and guns and just unleash hell.

Comment

not that i disagree, with most of you . and my bigotry is at least consistent.

some lines have to be drawn .

female gentile mutilation, should be outlawed. period.

but why not let people decide at 18 if they want circumcision .
              are we barbarians ?
              if they are 18 they can cut the whole thing off if they want .

as for freeing people from their own persecuting religion .
              that has not worked.
              first thing they do after, being freed from a dictator ,
              is create an Islamic state.

they want too believe that crap. it is their right.

if you do not get special treatment under the law neither should they.

it is a slippery slope, if you want your own school system
              the Catholic or christian schools .
              then you hardly have a right to bitch about other beliefs.

the same law should apply to everyone,
              church and state have to be seperate

Comment

Originally posted by binthere View Post
                The main concern is the issue of public safety with concealing identity. What's the confusion.
                Can you please tell me how big a risk the niqab poses to public safety. How many terrorist or even criminal actions have occurred in Canada by persons wearing the niqab?

Comment

Niqab

This country was developed by Roman Catholics and Protestants primarily. First Nations are the Originals, and have been guaranteed certain rights under treaty as compensation or recognition for their contributions.
                  Denying what made this country is contamination of the ethics and the way of life that has been established.
                  Slowly erosion occurs.
                  I'm not saying newcomers don't have a right to their schools and religions, of course they do. But forbidding Christian prayer or celebrations is not right. No one is forced to partake, Forcing us to change our traditions is not right. If you don't like it your free to leave or not come here or stay and accept.
                  Swatikas are a symbol of evil. Hiding identity in public is considered illegal. Our identification system based in law, for good reason.
                  If you want to argue for female genital mutilation or practise it in this country on children, then you should be charged and exiled.
                  French and English are the two national languages, and native dialects considered acceptable in public, Only official languages in legislation and government. If you require an interpreter it should be provided at your expense for non Candian original.
                  Be willing to accept our Canadianism, it's worthwhile. You don't have to become us, but you don't have the right to change us. You have basic human rights. We have a right to be Canadian.
                  OK, have at me, I'm willing to discuss and change my opinion.

Comment

There are many moderate Muslim's living in Canada that will tell you that total face covering is a flag of radical Islam. Isis alqueda Muslim Brotherhood. A virtual display of contempt for any belief but their own. We would benefit to take the word of a moderate or apostate Muslim over those more interested in vote buying and the ignorant sjws.

Comment

Originally posted by binthere View Post
                      There are many moderate Muslim's living in Canada that will tell you that total face covering is a flag of radical Islam. Isis alqueda Muslim Brotherhood. A virtual display of contempt for any belief but their own. We would benefit to take the word of a moderate or apostate Muslim over those more interested in vote buying and the ignorant sjws.
                      Surely thought, if public safety is the main concern (as you stated) there must be statistics on niqab crime that you can direct me to. And how do you tell which Muslim is telling you the truth about the niqab if there are no evidence of crime related to the niqab? How many Muslims have told you personally that the niqab is a flag of radical Islam or are you just repeating something that you have no evidence or actual proof of?

Comment

Dml. Familiarise your self with Canadian Muslim Congress instituted by Tara Fatah.

Comment

Sawmill well said. Does anyone know what the rules are on airline travel and the serpan, we bent over because of religion but now does religion get tossed so they can fly, if so why did we cave in ?

Comment

CBC's "Interrupt this Program - Jakarta". Radical Islam taking hold in a moderate Muslim society. Be careful what you wish for - coming to Canada.

Comment

The rest of society has to be checked by photo ID for near everything we do.
                              That's the issue. It's not about religious garb or whatever .
                              I agree with the ban , it has nothing to do with religion.
                              Try wearing a ski mask the next time you board a plane ... 🙄. Why does this stuff always end up as a racist thing if you simply see common sense in things ??

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
                                The rest of society has to be checked by photo ID for near everything we do.
                                That's the issue. It's not about religious garb or whatever .
                                I agree with the ban , it has nothing to do with religion.
                                Try wearing a ski mask the next time you board a plane ... 🙄. Why does this stuff always end up as a racist thing if you simply see common sense in things ??

Because they make it a racist issue.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...