• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

199 more input farmers

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• farmaholic
    replied
    PrairieDude.... I think I did quite well last year marketing canola

All of it except 600 bu @ under $10/bu that I couldn't squeeze into full bins last fall. And contract overage of 31.611 tonnes @ $502.20

Contract date signed May 10/17.

Leave a comment:

• PrairieDude
    replied
    529 net for all canola ? Nice marketing hitting the prairie cash high for entire crop year. My grandpa used to say Pinocchio was a happy lad.

Leave a comment:

• farming101
    replied
    Iceman, SE Sask is where they are land owners.

Leave a comment:

• tweety
    replied
    Originally posted by SASKFARMER3 View Post
    Are these farmers that f$&king stupid or are they that broke. Just listened to the commercial again something isn’t right
    Maybe they have real challenges, you know, like your devastated crop this year from drought and fungicide.

Or how many trips to make to Mexico, booking all those trips are exhausting.

Leave a comment:

• farmaholic
    replied
    Icy....it's risky and dangerous swimming with the Sharks!

Leave a comment:

• iceman
    replied
    The stock price need all the help it can get here. Screw signing up farmers in Alberta. My gambling account needs more acres signed up in SF3's Garden of Eden area. Alberta is either a drought or a flood the party fund needs more reliable yields year in year out. Come on SF3 pass the word around to the neighbors.

Iceman Out and also under.......... very much under right now

Leave a comment:

• furrowtickler
    replied
    Some of those guys are being hypnotized that they must farm 20,000 ac to make er so this may be only option for them .
    I am sure there are many different reasons for signing up for input capital. Some may do ok , others will get skinned

Leave a comment:

• ajl
    replied
    Originally posted by RD414 View Post
    As I said in the spring, I know some of the 199 newbies and these are not silver or platinum spoon spoiled young or old farm boys. They don't have backing, some own no land, and the banks tell them where to go. Hard working young guys that want to farm, period. They see this as their only option. Getting screwed, yes. Options, few.
    They will soon be shining their resume and finding out what some of us already know. Real jobs suck.

Leave a comment:

• furrowtickler
    replied
    Ummm , Stubble , that's a commercial .. lol

Leave a comment:

• stubblejumper
    replied
    Must be a great deal, John Gormley praises it daily

Leave a comment:

• Bowerpower
    replied
    Originally posted by RD414 View Post
    As I said in the spring, I know some of the 199 newbies and these are not silver or platinum spoon spoiled young or old farm boys. They don't have backing, some own no land, and the banks tell them where to go. Hard working young guys that want to farm, period. They see this as their only option. Getting screwed, yes. Options, few.
    Agree. Last resort of financing. But hey maybe they hit a couple of home run crops and start treading water. Good for them to go for it. Not everybody's situation is the same. Also I heard the spiel once. I didn't need it but they do guarantee and minimum price albeit a lot less than current market. But if you stream three to five years. Who knows canola could be 7 bucks in a few years and they may be locked in at 9.

Leave a comment:

• RD414
    replied

Leave a comment:

• SASKFARMER3
    replied
    Are these farmers that f$&king stupid or are they that broke. Just listened to the commercial again something isn’t right

Leave a comment:

• sumdumguy
    replied
    There are many Factors manipulating and depressing market price out there. At Anuga food show foreign buyers have all been fed the line that the world is awash with lentils, therefore very few sales this year because the offers that are way down there.

Leave a comment:

• farmaholic
    replied
    Netted $529.10 for basically all of last year's "commodity" canola...not specialty! Way to go Input.

What's the motive again?

Leave a comment:

• Reply to this Thread
  • Return to Topic List
Working...