• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Western Seperation not run by dummies

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ah forage you and chuck and grass all are sucking the same tit.

You think JT is a genius and would stick up for him to the end of this country.

Yea see I have been traveling and visiting our USA relative since i was 6. Our family always traveled.

I like Canada but really its spiralling down hill.

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER3 View Post
      Their fuel costs booze etc are all way cheaper their vehicles are way cheaper, taxes cheaper so we pay in canada you just don't see it.
      I dont know, 15,000 per acre for 180 bu corn ground corn is 3.60 right now. I think i will stay in canada thanks. No doubt the US farm is heavily subsidized but i don't like those economics. I think i will wait it out here for 2 years lol JT will be a like a hazy memory form a heavily booze fueled night. terrible hangover but we will get over it.

Comment

Also this should be a very good lesson to anyone in power or control. For **** sakes step down when your time cones. If harper would have stepped aside and put in someone else to run cons may not have won but we wouldn't have had a liberal majority. Perfect combination of events that caused this shit hurricane we are in now.

Comment

I agree Sask we pay for all those things but they are a choice. If you are in hard times you don't drink smoke or drive around to get by. But if you get sick and are in hard times in the USA you die. Plain and simple.
          Are there problems with our health care absolutely. But sill a better option for those less fortunate. If you have the money go to the US for treatment likely is better if you have the money.

Question for you and chuck and
          Forage. Tell us your spin on how equalization is calculated? I want to know once and for all. I m like most people when I hear the billions going to
          Quebec I m so pissed but how is that formula determined I want to know are our local provinces being stupid in letting that income go?
          And then there is the second question should there be equalization at all? We ve used it here when grain and oil were both down.

Comment

Originally posted by the big wheel View Post
            Who will pay the First Nations their annual fees?
            How about we just stop doing that. They can collect welfare if they're too lazy to work like the rest of the lazy Canadians, or get an education and work hard like every Canadian has the opportunity to do.

Having no purpose in life and subsidizing it is the worst option of all

Comment

I too think we need to be very careful when it comes to equalization.... wasn't Saskscratchandwin on the receiving end for decades as well, albeit probably not as much in total value. I "assume" it has something to do with each province's GDP and it's population..... an absolute wild assed guess on my part, probably alot more complicated than that.

Equalization=National Welfare. How do you ever determine that each Canadian enjoys the same "basic" standard of living as each other.... regional cost differences can vary. How do you measure benefits and detriments of living in certain areas? Housing.... million dollar houses in BC versus 500K houses in Sask.... does that mean BC residents "need" more money and that might have to be accounted for in equalization formulas.... pick a living requirement and apply some convoluted formula to it to determine if your area qualifies for "National Welfare"?
              Last edited by farmaholic; Oct 8, 2017, 09:13.

Comment

Originally posted by tweety View Post
                Having no purpose in life and subsidizing it is the worst option of all

OUCH!

Comment

Agreed farma and tweety.
                  Name me one politician that has the brains or balls to deal with the native issue?
                  And yes farma it's easy for us to get all huffed up about equalization I do it myself but I don't think many know how it actually is calculated the on line info I found is so vague.
                  We have to get the facts and get beyond supporting one side or the other simply because we always have.

I don't understand is if we have all his income that we re sending all he money over there why are our govs broke here?

Comment

Equal?

Click image for larger version

Name:	equal.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	61.3 KB
ID:	766042

Comment

.....and then there's the old adage;

"The whole is greater than the sum of it's parts".....let's just keep that in perspective this Thanksgiving weekend. Even with all it's warts, Canada is still one of the best places in the world to live. I'm glad my forefathers chose it.

Comment

WHOA..... that pictograph....talk about perspective...maybe I'm not so "grateful" anymore...LOL.

Comment

Big Wheels

"Question for you and chuck and
                          Forage. Tell us your spin on how equalization is calculated? I want to know once and for all"

I'm not an expert on it, so I won't even go there. The thing that bothers me the most is you have guys like SK3 and Klaus always claiming there's somewhere better to live other than Canada, but yet they stay here and complain and bitch like couple of spoil children. You don't like Canada sell the farm and F OFF, plain and simple nobody is holding a gun to your head. Klaus moves as often as I change underwear anyways!!

Guys like those two will never be happy no matter where they live!

Comment

Originally posted by bgmb View Post
                            Also this should be a very good lesson to anyone in power or control. For **** sakes step down when your time cones. If harper would have stepped aside and put in someone else to run cons may not have won but we wouldn't have had a liberal majority. Perfect combination of events that caused this shit hurricane we are in now.
                            You hit the nail on the head - Harper was unpopular for some time. The party should have groomed a new leader and switched him out long before he lost the election. They never learn and we pay the price.

Comment

wheel, re equalization
                              If I remember correctly, there are about 60 calculations involved in the formula used to determine whether you give, or whether you get.

The biggest factor above all else, is that not all of Quebec's "income" is included in the formula. There by allowing to have their own cake, and eat ours too.

Comment

Separation is very very unlikely. I would be all for it. Trudeau famous words of fairness for all is what really gets me. How is there any fairness in what Quebec receives in these transfer payments. I see a liberal government with no actual plans of any kind of economic development. Let's just tax more and add government jobs. That's a formula for disaster. Let's take from wealth creators and give to all. I didn't realize Canada was a country where hard work and creating wealth is taboo and should be punished instead of promoted. I do find it funny that the western leaders don't make a bigger fuss about all this. However I guess in mb we should be careful. Our hydro doesn't count either on equalization. Maybe equalization needs to be abolished completely. people need to go where the opportunities are.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...