• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weather warning

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/jul/15/quite-odd-coral-and-fish-thrive-on-bikini-atoll-70-years-after-nuclear-tests

Seems the earth will not even hiccup at our most powerful weapons. Even Chernobyl is recovering. We don't control a thing.

Comment

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2006/04/0426_060426_chernobyl.html

Comment

Originally posted by grassfarmer View Post
        What interests me more on the original question is why do warnings get triggered at different temperatures across the prairies? I see southern Alberta has one at 29C, the same level used in northern SK and northern MB. A recent hot spell in central Alberta had warnings out at 25C but it seems southern SK doesn't trigger until 32C and maybe southern MB is the same? Presumably it's based on deviation from long term averages but still it seems to me 25C really isn't that hot for anybody on the prairies and maybe 30C is?
        Grass,
        Warnings are triggered because people/society have been conditioned to expect government to provide answers/direction to what otherwise would be common sense years ago. Not too many years ago, when you saw it was going to be plus thirty, you knew what it meant. I'm just waiting for the day when a class action lawsuit against the government is launched from those who got unforeseen sunburn....hence the cautionary govt warnings that its to hot......unbelievable nowadays.....

Comment

But why do they need warned at 25C in central Alberta but 32C in southern Manitoba? that's my point. Why not a one size fits all even if we do consider them all unnecessary?

Comment

Grassy did it have anything to do with Humidity ? 25 with high humidity could feel like way over 30.

Comment

Mustardman, in regards to gravity we do know that it is much more than a theory. I believe the science is settled on that one. The science, however on man made climate change is far from settled and little more than a ruse created by political and environmental activists to keep the masses distracted while they implement their agendas. Mother nature has always been and will remain fully in charge and has many self correcting measures to put in place should earths inhabitants get to carried away. IMHO

Comment

The science on gravity is far from settled. To be honest they do not understand it at all. Yet they are so certain that climate change is caused by an inert gas that has risen by .00008% in our atmosphere in the last 100 years.

Comment

On the same topic of keeping us in panic mode about climate change. When did Env. Canada start using only 20 years of history on their website for showing averages and extremes. We break records every 20 days on average when there are only 20 years of being used. It completely erases the long term trends. Have to dig quite hard to find the data more than 20 years old, and never in a format that is particularly useful. But it does help with the agenda( although that may be just my conspiracy theory, maybe they are just too lazy to put all the data up). Or is it just here that only gets 20 years?

Comment

Originally posted by biglentil View Post
                    The science on gravity is far from settled. To be honest they do not understand it at all. Yet they are so certain that climate change is caused by an inert gas that has risen by .00008% in our atmosphere in the last 100 years.
                    And the absolute necessity that the loons will say is a make or break:

SEND TRILLIONS OF $ TO THE UNITED NATIONS TO CONTROL THE CO2......what could go wrong with sending money to an unelected, unaccountable group?

The name Environment Canada wasn't good enough so Gerald Butts told sock boy to add climate change to the title.

On a positive note, the heat will likely be needed in NE Saskatchewan to get the crops ahead of Jack Frost.

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
                      On the same topic of keeping us in panic mode about climate change. When did Env. Canada start using only 20 years of history on their website for showing averages and extremes. We break records every 20 days on average when there are only 20 years of being used. It completely erases the long term trends. Have to dig quite hard to find the data more than 20 years old, and never in a format that is particularly useful. But it does help with the agenda( although that may be just my conspiracy theory, maybe they are just too lazy to put all the data up). Or is it just here that only gets 20 years?
                      Yes solid points 20 years of history is quite a small timeline.....1997 wasn't that long ago.

You can make the everyday weather much more dramatic by saying "record" or "all time low/high", "extreme heat warning at 28C!!!!"......

Comment

Originally posted by mustardman View Post
                        Oh for Fu## sake
                        there is no question on the climate change position.
                        Do you guys still think smoking is not harmful ?

By the way the carbon polluters hired the same PR firms that the Tobacco Industry hired to deny the health effects of smoking

What your "Position" on gravity?

Or maybe you haven't Decided on that Either
                        Why not say the sun will rise, the science is settled. of course climate change is real you fool. There used to be ice a mile thick where I farm now not 20000 thousand years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Oliver88 View Post
                          Yes solid points 20 years of history is quite a small timeline.....1997 wasn't that long ago.

You can make the everyday weather much more dramatic by saying "record" or "all time low/high", "extreme heat warning at 28C!!!!"......
                          I just checked, other stations have much more data years, for example, Regina goes back to 1884 for records and averages, so perhaps I can take the tinfoil hat off now.

Comment

was just out about a Regina man involved in a climate change tests.Results made it impossible to dispute climate change.Over 600 spots around the world were examined.looked at tree rings and coral to be able to go back many centuries.Yes climate change is an an going thing.So if we are speeding up climate change and do nothing then what?

Comment

Originally posted by newguy View Post
                              was just out about a Regina man involved in a climate change tests.Results made it impossible to dispute climate change.Over 600 spots around the world were examined.looked at tree rings and coral to be able to go back many centuries.Yes climate change is an an going thing.So if we are speeding up climate change and do nothing then what?
                              We are not doing nothing, we are constantly adapting and changing our methods and expectations and future plans. Which incidentally, would be much easier to do if the trend is warmer, as opposed to colder. Regardless of cause.

Comment

The reason heat warnings are now issued in my opinion is to have us believe the earth is warming. Propaganda tool by a pro carbon tax government, plain and simple.

When I think back to my summers as a kid in the late 70's it seemed like when we started silaging at the end of July the weather was always very hot and I remember being very happy for a thunderstorm which gave us a break. Also seemed like our rain came in June and nothing in July and we always had light 6 row barley as a result. I get very tired of the never ending chicken little anti oil enviro crowd, they won't be happy until we are all broke and freezing to death!!!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...