• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'Canada's Blown Multi-Billion $ Energy Opportunity'

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grab the popcorn because when the Fed's can't fund pensions they'll be crying for pipelines.... along with every other country in the world. The source of the next crisis is the solution to the last. Zirp is gonna put the baby boomer generation on the street.

Comment

Sask3 you will disagree but I thing the greedy oil workers are the ones that killed the oil patch, pipelines ect,ask klause if he is still a $1500 day man, free use of track hoes freebies galore. LIve by the song were in the money and it takes a lot to get along. As for farmers how many mill did you collect on the grip program,i was on the outside looking in because I had a feedlot and my grain went through cattle, but I member thinking if I sold the grain and fed off grip I would have been able to retire, so get off everyone back that don't have a 1/2 mill sprayer in the background of there selfie, and eligaly use roundup as a desiccant because can't be a bto without it.

Comment

Fjlip, the 34% that didn't vote are represented by the current PM so that makes pretty much a majority.

You don't vote, you have no say or position.

Comment

Chuck2 there is no doubt that the price for LNG has made it's export dubious at best but let's be realistic the BC NDP-Green coalition was not in favour of LNG projects, had clearly stated that it was to add more regulations and costs. It was the final nail in the coffin. The biggest problem we have in Canada is that we cannot approve or reject potential projects in a timely fashion. Look at Kinder Morgan, it has recieved federal approval but still faces a long list of court challenges including opposition from the new NDP -Green government in BC. The federal NDP is against any new pipeline projects. The 4 remaining leadership candidates are against pipeline develope and want to tax what is left into oblivion. Trudeau is in an interesting spot, he at least knows we need resource developement to move our economy forward but whether he is capable of doing that remains to be seen. More regulation and more tax just makes us uncompetitive.

Comment

The adage good times break more farms applies to oil too. Anyone begrudging guys making big oil wages is no different than blaming farmers and ranchers for high food prices.

Comment

Originally posted by WiltonRanch View Post
              The adage good times break more farms applies to oil too. Anyone begrudging guys making big oil wages is no different than blaming farmers and ranchers for high food prices.
              I thought good times lull you into thinking they will never correct down to tough times, so we SPEND SPEND, or BORROW BORROW, then OOPS income drops and shit hits fan and you in face?

Oil guys bought billions in houses and toys then were unable to make payments.Click image for larger version

Name:	19601041_1411895158903258_2906888179534777639_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	71.6 KB
ID:	765914

Comment

Originally posted by Horse View Post
                Sask3 you will disagree but I thing the greedy oil workers are the ones that killed the oil patch, pipelines ect,ask klause if he is still a $1500 day man, free use of track hoes freebies galore. LIve by the song were in the money and it takes a lot to get along. As for farmers how many mill did you collect on the grip program,i was on the outside looking in because I had a feedlot and my grain went through cattle, but I member thinking if I sold the grain and fed off grip I would have been able to retire, so get off everyone back that don't have a 1/2 mill sprayer in the background of there selfie, and eligaly use roundup as a desiccant because can't be a bto without it.
                tell you what horse , I've worked many years in the oilpatch and as a superintendent. what went on in the oilpatch is mild compared to what has happened in the farm dealership circle . $1100 for a man in a one ton to travel 55 miles , no parts , work 2 hours on a code on a tractor, never got f$&ked that bad in the patch . there was at least some accountability out there . these f$&kers here time is coming also , mark my words. their free ride is nearly over

Comment

Casein I agree there is **** going on all over but 2 wrongs don't make a right,i sure hope you are right that the free ride is over but I don't see it unless we as farmers get back to owning what we posses, as it is now it seems like we will do anything to be the big operator as long as someone will keep backing us. As like oil workers used farming to avoid taxes, some made good on there venture and some are giving in now as farming isn't as much fun without 6 figures coming in off farm. Not pickling on oil ,there are others also, its just I happen to know more oil workers than other professions. And just because I don't agree with some things don't make me jealous.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                  • Return to Topic List
                  Working...