• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will we or Wont we!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Someone always has it worse. The pasture near shamrock claimed a few hundred head of cattle. Maybe high salt content in the water.

Comment

Seen that just plain awful.

Comment

little more here yesterday and last night , crops look real good if we can get the extra two weeks in sept ? canola starting to bloom , wheat starting to head . haven't got the hot heat yet , have been trying to spray pardner on alfalfa which likes 28+ and just hasn't got there yet .

Comment

We were vvery lucky and got under a small intense cloud yesterday. Ended up with 1.2 inches which doubles what we had up until that point. It didnt get the whole farm but we will take it.

Comment

We got 9/10ths in last night's thunder and light show.

Comment

2 inches. only needed maybe an inch. water laying... again.

But this is gunna be a BIG crop in this area now.

Comment

Zero rain in the the Sahara Slum of the Ghetto.

Today and tomorrow the crops get a rest/break from the scorching sun and heat.

I can't imagine what the the guys think when they see some of the pics posted here that are drier than our farms are. And I'm sure there are guys worse off than me too. I am grateful for what is here because I know there is worse out there----dry worse.

I can't make it rain but I can accept the fact what I see in the field is what I will get, I did my part to the best of my ability and that is all that can be expected......the rest is out of my control. A lot of good luck needed in this gamble.
                Last edited by farmaholic; Jul 11, 2017, 09:58.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
                  Zero rain in the the Sahara Slum of the Ghetto.

Today and tomorrow the crops get a rest/break from the scorching sun and heat.
                  I love your slum of the ghetto saying. You've taken it to a new level now. Haha.

Comment

We are baked here...

I guess you have to be grateful it was not hard Water

Comment

lots of funny clouds last nite and today but not enough moisture to turn the wipers on,or it will make a mess of the bugs..

Comment

There are thunderstorms all around us but we have only .2 tenths so far. A half inch would be ok but after a dozen or more years of flooding I get very nervous when storms are rolling around. There is an ocean of water just under the surface but when you seed so wet the roots struggle to get to it and a half inch would help with that. I think if we got an inch the water would be pooling up and running.

Comment

I would prefer no rain the rest of the summer over flooding. Its one year since the town of Arborfield flooded and the some of my fields have not been dry on the surface since that date.

Comment

There's gotta be a ****in wall that keeps the moisture from reaching us lately....Did Trump build a wall, but the wrong kind and in the wrong place?
                            Last edited by farmaholic; Jul 11, 2017, 16:20.

Comment

Originally posted by Casered View Post
                              I love your slum of the ghetto saying. You've taken it to a new level now. Haha.
                              I noticed you never said "took it up a notch" lol.... more like taking it down a notch!

We'll survive, but this is kinda hard to take compared to last year!

Take care.

Comment

We are survivors, been here a few times before. That wall is not imaginery Farmaholic, it is historic and despised.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...