• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Glyphosate

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seen an ad for a new herbicide yesterday; Roundup for Lawns. If that doesn't make you wonder about the strength of Roundup!

Wondered if it was a late April fools day joke but went on line and it is for real.
    [URL="http://en-ca.roundup.com/smg/goprod/roundup-for-lawns-kills-weeds-not-lawn-with-wand-southern/prod11850019"]http://en-ca.roundup.com/smg/goprod/roundup-for-lawns-kills-weeds-not-lawn-with-wand-southern/prod11850019[/URL]

Comment

Take a look at the active ingredients - that explains why you can use in lawns.

Comment

If you actually read the article Lentil, that study is used for the basis of this study. and the conclusion was little to no benefit under most conditions using a real product like transorb etc with all the proper surfactants. Notice the colorful charts?

Oh sure, if you buy crap glyphosate without surfactants - cuz you got a good deal on it - then perhaps, although it wasn't specifically tested so can't comment for sure, but that is just stupid considering the price of the good stuff vs adding snake oils.

Comment

What are the rules....I thought chem cos don't have to list the type and quantity of surfactants in their glyphosate products....only the active ingredients and their quantities.
          Last edited by farmaholic; Apr 3, 2017, 07:39.

Comment

Originally posted by RTK View Post
            Take a look at the active ingredients - that explains why you can use in lawns.
            I did note there is no glyphosate in Roundup for Lawns. However in the public's mind "Roundup" is synonymous with glyphosate. Re-read this thread to see how many times Roundup is used instead of glyphosate. Furthermore, there will be consumers who apply glyphosate Roundup to their lawns instead of Roundup for Lawns believing any Roundup is now safe on lawns (or simply making a mistake and purchasing Roundup instead of Roundup for Lawns). The resulting backlash by angry consumers will be another nail in glyphosate's coffin.

Furthermore if "Roundup" no longer has to contain glyphosate, even farmers best start reading the a.i. in all pesticides.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
              What are the rules....I thought chem cos don't have to list the type and quantity of surfactants in their glyphosate products....only the active ingredients and their quantities.
              Correct. Only the active ingredient, concentration, and the chemical form.

3.85% MCPA, dimethylamine salt, 1.80% Quinclorac, 0.43% Dicamba, dimethylamine salt, 0.22% Sulfentrazone

Low enough concentrations to practically mix drinks with.
              Last edited by tweety; Apr 3, 2017, 07:45.

Comment

......quinclorac....really? You mean the stuff in Clever that the grain cos made a stink about if it was applied to growing canola weeks and weeks before harvest but it's okay to put on your lawn and have your kids and pets play on? That quinclorac?

Comment

Yes, its accord. There was no registration for canola, so that is why it couldn't be used.

Comment

Pretty much sums up how I feel on the glyphosate

Comment

Originally posted by tweety View Post
                      Yes, its accord. There was no registration for canola, so that is why it couldn't be used.
                      actually , clever is registered on canola , you can read it on the canola council website . it is just China has no mrl set for imports . I think there is some niche markets that wil accept it . I have never used it but if I had a bad infestation of cleaver to the point I was going to lose a canola crop , I would certainly look into it and find a buyer before I had to spray it . you certainly don't want it in the mainstream canola markets. manipulator same deal .

Comment

And if MRL's aren't registered in China, it may as well not be registered here because its not export ready

Comment

And if MRL's aren't registered in China, it may as well not be registered here because its not export ready
                          True , but clever is registered for canola in canada is my point

Comment

Yes. But......

DO NOT USE:

HERBICIDE: Quinclorac (e.g. Accord, Clever, Facet and Masterline Quinclorac)

Questions remain about whether canola treated with the active ingredient quinclorac is acceptable in all key export markets for canola. The member companies of the Western Grains Elevator Association and the Canadian Oilseed Processors Association have individually advised that they will not accept delivery of canola grown and harvested in 2017 that has been treated with quinclorac. Residues can occur in canola seed, oil and meal and there is no tolerance established to facilitate trade with China. Until exporters and processors are confident that they can ship quinclorac-treated canola to China without trade concerns, growers are advised to avoid this marketing risk by using other cleavers control methods. Learn more about quinclorac and options for controlling cleavers.

Comment

Yes. But......

DO NOT USE:

HERBICIDE: Quinclorac (e.g. Accord, Clever, Facet and Masterline Quinclorac)

Questions remain about whether canola treated with the active ingredient quinclorac is acceptable in all key export markets for canola. The member companies of the Western Grains Elevator Association and the Canadian Oilseed Processors Association have individually advised that they will not accept delivery of canola grown and harvested in 2017 that has been treated with quinclorac. Residues can occur in canola seed, oil and meal and there is no tolerance established to facilitate trade with China. Until exporters and processors are confident that they can ship quinclorac-treated canola to China without trade concerns, growers are advised to avoid this marketing risk by using other cleavers control methods. Learn more about quinclorac and options for controlling cleavers.
                              Yes but..... it is registered on canola in canada .......you clearly said it wasnt .... read my reply ......but the real question is , why is it registered in canada on canola when our biggest canola trading partner wont take it ???

Comment

Command 360ME works on cleaver is registered and doesn't have and mrl issues BTW

Tweet just likes to troll.... like ams to modify water... it's actually tight in the official applicators course and has been researched and done for 20 years but now doesn't work. Lol.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...