• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canola dropping like a stone! And they wonder why it's the retarded sister! Soy up!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canola dropping like a stone! And they wonder why it's the retarded sister! Soy up!

Canola the retarded sister down and dropping! Gee some one is having fun!
    No rain and heat , unreal heat on the way and the retard drops!
    Yea the market knows shit all!

Still early in the trading day. Contracts still at market highs. Most traders will try to even up positions going into a weekend/take profits. As others have highlighted, Monday will be the day to watch. Why the excitement about interday trading? Your target price is $564.

Comment

Let make things interesting.

Do believe November 2015 CBT soybean contracts will be above or below $10/bu a week today? You name the ante.

[URL="http://www.farms.com/markets/?page=chart&sym=ZSX15"]Nov CBT soybeans[/URL]

Comment

It looks like November Soy is $9.92 currently.

Up 14 cents.

Comment

Just got off the phone with the broker. Wanted to buy 100 July canola. Have the money in the account to pay for it and they will not take the order..WTF

Comment

buy nov. monday is first notice day

Comment

I know Monday is first notice day. Point is I want July and am prepared for delivery but they won't allow it. More proof market is rigged in favor of grain cos.

Comment

BFW, Is July with its basis a higher price than Nov with its basis. I still say its a bit ****ed up. But what do I know and I like wearing tinfoil hats.

Comment

Its because everyone is spraying fungicides.

Apparently......

Comment

I have sold all my canola from last year. It is dry, crop in question and forecast is for 38 degrees C this weekend in parts of Alberta. I want to buy the cash position back in the event of a real squeeze this summer. it will all mostly be settled by November.

Comment

Not everyone.

It's probably because guys are spraying droughticides. Excellent ROI.

Comment

Your misguided. Nobody actually delivers against the contracts. It may well be over by nov but nov contract will participate until then. Don't say the system is rigged cause your late to the party. There is some old crop carryover. Unlikely to be fireworks in July contract IMHO.

Comment

I want to buy 100 July canola futures contracts .They would not let me do it. There are about 7900 contracts open. Whether I win or lose here is immaterial, I should be able to have that order executed. I am not misguided. I want to take not make delivery.

Comment

I agree making or taking delivery is messy and necessarily thedesired method of discovering price. However if you are unable to make or take delivery in a cash month then this is the root of all the problems when people start to complain about not being able to get the correct price for their production. Delivery, or at least the threat of it is what is required to have the market function properly. Guess you missed that class

Comment

Fully funding that transaction will set you back around one million...

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...