• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who's writing the books?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who's writing the books?

This is just too good. Some one has to be making notes. There could be a book written every two months. Movies?

Run a test on your mach. then put same sample in an airtight bag and get them to test same sample. Compare results.
    If both are doing test right it is hard to screw results.

Comment

Are you both doing test on clean or dirty sample? If one is on clean and one on dirty can screw results.

Comment

How long did the sample sit in the truck with heater on before you took to elevator.

Moisture testers are calibrated regularly and checked. Nit everyone is out to screw the farmer. If your samples are representative you've got nothing to worry about.

Comment

Our tester is about half a point higher than one of the terminals we checked ours against this fall. It was a nice surprise knowing our grain was half a point lower than we thought. Assuming their's was accurate. Also, many times we had slightly tough grain that the terminals turned a blind eye to.

If you have access to another tester, get it tested there for your piece of mind.

Be upfront with the buyer. Talk over your concern with the buyer and see what they will
          tolerate if it is a wee bit tough. Nobody likes those kinds surprises.

Comment

If they use the 919 moisture meter, the right temp, weight and charts it is what it is.
            Sometimes elev use the prot machine to do moisture but it may not be accurate. The 919 is the official tool.

I wasn't insinuating anyone was trying to screw (poor choice of words) anyone. Just proper procedures and how to check against sample and both machines accuracy.

Comment

Make sure your using the most current chart. The latest canola chart has some very large changes in it compared to previous. Its caught me a few times!

Comment

Stormin, check the classified ads in the Western Producer. Or try Kijiji or Used(Where-ever) or farm auction sales. We have a 919 and they can be repaired, I believe Farmtronics in Regina repairs them. I would still rather rely on a real moisture tester over the ones built into a combine. What are you using now. Good luck with your search.

Comment

http://www.usedregina.com/classified-ad/Grain-Moisture-Tester_23501785.lite

Are you close to Regina?

Comment

wmoebis, wasnt there a cell size issue with the labtronics 919? 2 1/2 versus 3 inch cell?

Comment

Yes a long time ago they changed cell size. Most the ones you find now are the 3 inch. Not sure if charts work on the 2.5's or not. I wouldn't bother with them. Elev are usually accurate and if you check your sample against them you will know if yours is accurate.
                      I get both CGC moisture tests and protein test samples to check my moist and protein machine. If you can find them.

Comment

I purchased a Shore model 920 several years ago. Just as accurate as the 919 we have in the shop and quite a bit handier for checking samples in the field.
                        http://www.shoremeasuring.com/index.shtml
                        I got mine at Falman Sales. The new model is the 930 with integrated scale.

Comment

Labtronics 919. Coop or flamans sell them I think around 1200.00
                          So you have to ask yourself "was this running around with uncertainty about a rejected btrain for moisture worth $1200.00 ?".
                          Is the hassle of a moisture rejected btrain coming back home to you to put back in the bin, in -15c weather worth less than $1200.00?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                          • Return to Topic List
                          Working...