• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

$75 to $125. An acre rent, explain how you make a profit in Saskatchewan!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cotton went to Regina to get a door and a wife. Since I do not need a door and I think you have a wife, can we do some exchange???

Comment

Hutt/Minnow Belt, Pay and F#ckin Smile Boys, er Yous Ain't Rentin Ground Round Here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

What you growing, sweet potatoes? Or sour
        cabbage? How do you make that pay?

Comment

Down here in my area ( sw sask. ) there are a lot of greedy bastards that will buy land when it comes up for sale , just for the plain fact that they don't want their neighbors to have it , or they have a small penis , or they just don't like looking at anybody else around them when they are farming. In the area that I am living in , oil and gas revenue has been a blessing and a curse IE; high land prices. Right now $1000-1500 /acre seems to be the going price , and I know to some of you folks that seems cheap. Heres the rub: How does a younger farmer like me expand? I am 43 and would love to do it , but at a 25 year investment, and lets not forget that the other farmland will have to carry it along for a few years as well. I want my son to farm one day if he chooses to , but that is easily 15 years away . Does the math work for $200,000/per 1/4 at seeding wheat,barly , rye or peas? In our area ,canola is too risky because it can get hotter than hell in june and july. Any input on my questions would be appreciated. Have a good day everybody.

Comment

Option 1:If you cant beat them...join them. You become a greedy bastard and start writing cheques and buy/rent what you can.
            Option 2: sell the land you have to a land investment company, use the cash to farm large acres, utilize the economies of scale. Apply for farmer of the year.
            Option 3: Arbitrage. Rent your land out or sell it, and relocate to an area with lower rent/purchase price and less competition.
            Option 4: add value to the acres you have. A modest cleaning and bagging system can create sales opportunities. One example is, fall rye for seed in the USA for cover crops.

Comment

Hey galaxy I would chill out for now wait for this
              craziness to settle down...u don't want to get
              caught buyin on the top of the market which
              seems more than likely right now...ur financing
              costs/ac plus land tax is gonna run u 115/ac add
              another 150 for fixed and variable and ur
              bordering 265/ac believe me it will bary u.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
              • Return to Topic List
              Working...