• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Liberal Reform for the 'New World Order' Complete

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Liberal Reform for the 'New World Order' Complete

Charlie,

What Irony... MP Goodale set out to save SWP... instead he created Viterra... and we know what happened to it!

Goodale and the 'Jolly Rodger' can roam the Great Lakes... or perhaps join Iran and the Somalian hijackers and pool returns with them

One more time... Captain Tractor... For Captain Ralphie G!

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/8G_L9tXEwmc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Tom Did you know that Glencore's founder was on the FBI's most wanted list ?
    He is no longer the president of the company But still has many ties to the company.
    The cons allowed this deal to go thru and again "if this was a ruling in farmers favour , I'd hate to see one that was against us.

Comment

Tom: You know darned well that the SWP was lost because of the "hired guns" who ran it...much like the AWP as well.
      The memberships were not in favour of the way these entities were run but trusted in people to have their best interests at heart. Many members that I talked to feel that we were shafted. Don't blame Goodale for the creation of Viterra...you are just raging for the wrong reasons.

Comment

mUS AND wILLY,

hISTORY WILL JUDGE.

I did what I could to bring rational change to our system... if Goodale had cared one iota for our property rights... he should have allowed individual growers marketing freedom. Instead Goodale tryed to set the system in favour of SWP... and as almost always happens... when Gov. leads the charge to overtake private property rights... the results are almost always a disaster.

MP Goodale is proof this is the result the vast majority of the time.

We are to judge peoples leadership by the fruits of the outcomes they had a large impact on. One person seldom is totally responsible... but often could have steered the ship in a different direction. MP Goodale is such a person. In my opinion MP Goodale took the easy way out in his decisions... during the 90's and early 00's... and we will pay for his lack of foresight in the not too distant future.

But if everything being privatised is the future was your desired outcome... it may be that you really will like our future!

Cheers!

After Aug 1... I won't need to say "I am not in jail yet'... to the account of Sheriff Ralphie G and his band of deputies that roamed our grain bins and elevators.

Cheers!

God Bless Canada!!!

Comment

Today I reread Sept 28 1943 Calgary Herald articles on the closing of the grain trade. I remember reading a permit book from the time stating the jail penalty for non-compliance.
          How the heck could it have gone so far or so long?? Sounds like the majority wanted it then, as the majority is prevailing today.
          Tom, I haven't tired of that song yet!! But we really shouldn't gloat.

Comment

Blackpowder,

MP Goodale really did know what he was doing... and how it was hurting western Canada.

We commercial growers did everything possible in a peaceful manner to let Ralph know he had a moral and legal obligation to join growers to their legal right of ownership... Ralph just plain didn't care enough to do the 'right thing' and fix the CWB. One order to the Directors... and it would have been done in 1996.

What a shame. The 'dark ages' for western Canada are finally over... thankfully.

It is a shame we were not wise enough to retain a larger farmer owned legacy grain handler... but there are enough smaller independantly owned grower owned handlers, formed out of the mergers, to make a difference.

Cheers!

I am not gloating... we paid in blood sweat and tears for Aug 1 2012.

Comment

To be fair, I'm sure Goodale was a product of an environment. The final fruit of an evolution if you will.
              When studying history we must read first hand accounts from the period for context.
              I agree he was part of the 'final nail' in the cwb coffin.
              Thank goodness it's finally over!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
              • Return to Topic List
              Working...