• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CWB 29,000 Consevatives 39,000 votes 'single desk' LOST

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CWB 29,000 Consevatives 39,000 votes 'single desk' LOST

Dear Charlie et al.;,

Chairman Oberg had better get with the transition now that it is clear he lost a vote he rigged.

What a waste of money and time.

The CWB management should hang their collective heads in shame!

Tom: What are you talking about?...I have the results right in front of me. The CWB vote shows that the farmers who voted chose the single desk for wheat with a 62% vote and barley with a 51% vote. Surely many of those voters are or WERE CONservatives as well so what does that tell you? Your 'silly' topic headline is just dumb.

Oberg has nothing to be ashamed of but you on the other hand have tried to subvert the vote from day one. I would guess that you don't value the democratic process of a producer vote.

Ritz is even worse...he refuses to even consider any move which might sideline his politics and his commitment to a small special interest group looking for an edge for themselves over the general farm population.

Comment

What you talkin' about Willis? er... Wilagro.
      "The general farm population"
      In what country would that be?
      This gets funnier.

Comment

"a small special interest group" - now that is funny, Wilagro.

Those who have voiced their opposition to the CWB tactics consider this vote to be a waste of farm resources. Highly unlikely they participated in the scheme.

CWB supporters have been dieing to get in on the plebiscite vote, and all they could muster was a split on barley, and a low 60 on wheat.

The reason for graveyard fences and you guys have a lot in common.

Comment

I agree that it is the board that has become the 'special interest group'.
          The " Farmers Templar" will never be able to see the reason for their demise!

Comment

Willy,

The CWB spent every dollar they wanted... to get me to vote.

I refused to participate in this survey because this 'plebicite' survey was neither democratic nor ethical nor representitive of those commercial growers who were to be forced to use the CWB. The survey and how it was handled goes against the CWB's own code of ethics and conflict of interest guidelines. It broke the ministers order telling the CWB to stop promoting the 'single desk'.

As I said earlier in Quebec and Ontario they need at least 75 percent of actual producers to be in favour before this kind of marketing Board is implemented.

Cheers Wilagro... are you swathing or combining yet?

Comment

62 and 51 percent on this vote is a clear sign for most farmers want open market. They should have split durum and other wheats up also, and also included every western Canadian farmer,
              what a crock. Jesus Christ sorry for my french but get us some prices now for new crop.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
              • Return to Topic List
              Working...