• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Numbers don't add up

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Numbers don't add up

After attending the CWB meeting in Camrose I found myself confused as to who received ballots for the Plebisite. Checking on the MNP website it is stated Producers as of June 2011 who had a permit book in 2009-10 or 2010 -11 crop year and that had delivers in crop 2006-7 to present are automatically on the voters list. I have it from reliable sources that there are about 48000 permit books issued for the current year. While I would assume that number would change a small percentage from year to year it does not account for the 68000 ballots sent out to producers. Somewhere there would seem to be 20 thousand people without a current permit book who automatically received a ballot. This highlights the danger of allowing the wheat board who has the most at stake in this debate to control the voters list behind closed doors. It was brought to my attention this morning by a friend they were turned down on application for a ballot because they had not sold to a registered CWB grain Buyer even though they provided the grain sale tickets. Obviously this was not a decision by MNP so we have another example of the board having undue influence on the plebisite. The plebisite and the board continue to loose creditability as it would seem the board is not comfortable with just stacking the deck on the surface.

Dear Craig,

'Interested Parties' are Producers also. There are 9 in our Permit book.

Comment

It may be flawed but its still better than the "voters list" the cons are saying gave them the right to end the wheat board.
      They received 36% of the vote but only 60% of the eligible voted and less than 2 % are farmers. SO the dentist in Moncton and the shopkeeper in Vancouvers chinatown ARE deciding that the CWB should end?
      I will end the board when I vote it to be in a plebiscite.

Comment

Mustardman
        Why should you have a say in how I sell my grain?????

Comment

waaaaah, waaaaah, waaaah,

Stevie & Ritzie are gonna take away my soother, waaah, waaaah

Freedom of choice is coming, suck it up buttercup.

If they are such a great organization they will have more grain to deal with next year than this one. So what's the problem? Could be you think deep down they don't give us a premium too!

Comment

Mustardman:

You had me at "it may be flawed..."

Comment

Mustardman:

You had me at "it may be flawed...BUT..."

The disrespect Chairman Oberg et al. have for democracy tells the rest of the story.

Clearly integrity, respect for others democratic and property rights... are simple ideals to be manipulated.

These are the principals Chairman Oberg and his buddies ignore:

a) That for every wrong there is a remedy,

b) The end does not justify the means,

c) Fundamental principals cannot be set aside to meet the demands of convenience or to prevent apparent hardship in a particular case,

d) Ignorance of the law is no excuse for breaking the law,

e) Two wrongs do not make a right, and

f) One can enlarge the rights of the people; however they cannot be taken away without their informed consent.

These principals were supposed to be what CWB Chairman Oberg and his buddies were to use as their guide in making decisions at the CWB Board Table...

Comment

For all you CWB supporters that think
                this plebicite is on the up and up give
                your head a shake...My 83 yr old mother
                who has not had a book in over 10 yrs.
                and an old landlord I bought a farm from
                in 1990 gets ballots and I don't.... But
                I knew I wouldn"t get one after I called
                out oberg and his purchase of the
                freighters last winter to support his
                buddy mr. meisner at mission
                terminals...The corruption in the cwb
                has to stop...

Comment

Silverback sorry to hear about your soother. Maybe you need a real tit .
                  There are a few on this site

Comment

No kidding. Must be a self portrait. HT

PS haven't had a "permit" book for a few years. Needless to say no ballot here. Good thing the vote is irrelevant.

Comment

Can any one of you borg supporters deffend/oppose logicaly what golden just stated??? Not one of you clowns. This is the whole issue of these b/s ballots - it's a three ring fricken circus..
                      Also he is absolutely correct on the ships and the mission terminal handshake deal. Anyone with a brain can see how that was to be played out.

Comment

Snivel, whine, snivel, whine, snivel
                        whine, more and more and more. It's the
                        Comedian way of doin things. Grow up and
                        smell the compose boys/girls............

Comment

The shits flowin down hill Burbot and your in the gully thinkin your on top. Open the curtains of the old folks home if'n you can reach em.

Comment

Mustard, please answer SouthPaw's question because it is exactly why this is all happening. I think we all eagerly wait a well thought out answer.

Comment

If mustardman would reply properly this is what mustardman would say.
                              "This is democracy in action" I enjoy the CWB.
                              This is what I say. I agree with
                              mustardman, this is democracy, but it is an example of a crown corp that our hapless polititions have not given much concern to. Its like the family member that can do no wrong, the little puppy dog affect, it can piss on the corner of the bed, shit in the kitchen and still live in inside, do no wrong, hopefully our gov't of the day has enough back bone to kick the little fricker out of the house. Politics is about the hunt, I hope the kill is coming soon.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...