• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Happy Mother's Day

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happy Mother's Day

What a day, the sun is shining, the trees are budding and soon the wheels will turn. Its a beautiful country.

Cloudy, rained for three hours, cold, flooded fields, wheels may never turn.
    This area of country is ruined by water.
    What huge contrasts between us!

"No Joy in MUDVILLE"

Comment

It is a day to honor Mothers. Something we all have in common and the reason for our successes in life (or at least in my case). My Mother always taught me patience, preparedness and the ability to accept what I couldn't change. She faced many challenges in life and lead by example.

Comment

I lived through the dry 80's around Regina, that was murder. May 1981, the fields blew like you never saw after we plowed down every acre except 180 acres of Laird Lentils the previous year. I said, I'd never curse the clouds again. Its very hard to stay positive. After the blowing stopped in 81, we grew a very valuable crop. Saved our sraca.

I feel so bad for those of you who are so wet, let's hope and pray the weather will smarten up. It can change so fast. Its only beginning of May.

Comment

Drew Lerner suggests that the sun's cool wet cycle goes to 2018.

If that's right it's only going to get worse. Sorry, I'm not waiting for that.

In my 40 years farming, only three too dry years here, 37 great to too wet.

But these two take the cake, wettest in a hundred years.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...