• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Remember: Nice Behaviour and Language on Agriville.com. Please, I don't want to tell Santa.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remember: Nice Behaviour and Language on Agriville.com. Please, I don't want to tell Santa.

Hi Everyone,

Sorry I have to post this message ...99.99% of the posts have been terrific and the traffic on Agriville.com has grown to over 42,000 user sessions per month.

But, I have been getting alot of complaints again lately and some posters need to be reminded that we don't allow swearing, personal attacks or other inappropriate language.

<a href="https://www.agriville.com/community/guidelines.shtml"target="blank">Here is the Guidelines and Term of Use Link again.
    </a>
    Thanks again and contact me if you have any questions or concerns.

Joe Dales
    Farms.com Agriville
    877 438-5729 x5013
    joe.dales@farms.com

Yes, dear.

Comment

joe,

Will it ever be possible to edit our own posts?

Comment

Joe

What I find more offensive than the language, poor grammar, burbert hillbilly posts are the ads that show up in the middle of the topic lists and ones by the cwb. But as long as your making money good on you. But if you can lower your standards why worry about the language?

Comment

Joe
          I agree with the no swearing rule. I don't think I'm a prude. I farm and I golf so you know I swear. I just don't think it has a place on here.
          Profanity is getting far too common in the course of regular conversation. It's distacting and cheapens the quality of thought.
          On another note: Thankyou for keeping this site going for another year. It has provided me with hours of information and entertainment.
          Merry Christmas to you and yours

Comment

Correction to above:
            Distacting should be distracting

Comment

Joe,

Thanks for working with our folks... many are 'special' but it makes for entertaining practice on our writing skills!

God Bless... Merry Christmas... and all the best in 2011!!!

Comment

I don't mind the swearing, I do have trouble with the anti board group always taking the board supporters Names and trashing them when they reply. Disrespectful in my opinion

Comment

Thanks for the feedback everyone and Merry Christmas.

I will try to respond to everyone in order with some of my thoughts.

Parsley, I hope you have a nice holiday season, Best Wishes to you and your family.

Tom4CWB, We have the current software stable and performing pretty well right now. We will have to change the software platforms eventually but I find people like this one and we may not switch for a while. If you have serious mistakes or want changes, send me an email and I will try to fix. Have a Merry Christmas as well.

Hi Bucket, I doubt a few CWB ads will change many minds and they do have information and services that might be of value to the whole Agriville audience. I am trying to be neutral in this debate...
                  Merry Christmas to you and your family.

Thanks Bluefargo, you represent the silent majority of users of Agriville and I encourage you to share your thoughts and opinions. I agree that we can disagree and have vigorous debate with out saying inappropriate things. Thanks and have a nice Christmas.

I agree Mustardman, You need a thick skin on Agriville and I know this keeps alot of people from sharing their ideas...I don't think it is just anti board supporters who can be abrasive. I think what is making Agriville so interesting is the wide range of knowledge, opinions and experiences...it would be boring if we were all the same and agreed on everything.
                  Thanks for sharing and Have a safe Holidays.

Thanks everyone and please contact me if you have any comments, questions or concerns.

Joe Dales
                  Farms.com Agriville
                  joe.dales@farms.com
                  877 438-5729 x5013

Comment

Profanity used in any adult discussion normally just shows the lack of maturity by those who choose to use it. It does NOTHING to demonstrate fact or opinion, only child-like behavior. Mustard,you want to talk about disrespectful, your boring anti-choice co-hort dumbert seems to believe that by posting in some infantile slang jiberish that those visiting this site will actually take his views seriously. Refering to this country as Comedia and fellow producers as framers goes a long way in demonstrating his complete lack of respect or intelligence. Try speaking English burb, you may find it far more effective in articulating your arguements. As far as trashing the board supporters, if supplying them verifiable fact and data that demonstrates the CWBs incompetence does this, well then I see your point.
                    Merry Christmas to all those who truely believe in the fight for and preservation of freedom!

Comment

And agvilles most hypocritical post for 2010 goes to..

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                      • Return to Topic List
                      Working...