• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CWB - ABP and marketing choice

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I said almost all, as I will leave it for other candidates to clarify their position
    I Gerrid Gust believe that the Monopoly is holding back the CWB.
    If you want verifiable evidence make public the sales records for every year.
    I don't believe the CWB studies.

Comment

Thank you TOM and gustgd, you both agree with me that for democracy to work anyone should be allowed to run for a delegate position. Parsley, for all the speeches you've given on the thread about various things it seems you still don't understand the point I raised in my initial post. When you say "If you are a member,run as a director. If you win, good for you....." The whole point of this debate is about levy paying members being denied the right to run as a delegate or director - that is the issue.

Comment

I'm not finished on this topic yet, so you'll just have to mop off your red face, and try breathing through your nose.

dmlfarmer says: "but at the end of the day they, they must act in the best interest of the institution".

charlie says: "I thought the reason for a board of directors was to look after the best interests of shareholders" Charlie says

dmlfarmer says: There should be no difference. Ensuring the best interests of the institution should result in the best interests of the shareholders. Every company in which I own shares..

Answer me this: When the CWB sold three years of grain to Great Britain for way under world price, the Board had to go along with it, because the Minister was ultimately in charge. No choice here folks. How about the farmers (shareholders you'd call them)? Think they were happy with selling wheat to the Canadian Government for $1.50 instead of the $5.00 market in the USA?

No.

No.

The point is ...you are trying to let on like the companies you own shares in and the state run CWB company are the same. No! The CWB is not like Tim Hortons. A Minister cannot overide Tim Horton. There is no MInister appointed for Tim Horton's. Didja notice? There is a difference. The CWB tries to make out like they are running the corporation. Fine. They lick stamps. But the minister is their boss.

"Ensuring the best interests of the institution should result in the best interests of the shareholders." is simply not true. The dumped Russian wheat sale was not in the interests of farmers, it was in the interest of the Government's cold war pissing-match. And a lot of things the CWB currently does are not in the interests of farmers, either. The CWB has become politicized to the point it is impotent. The directors are out of control, trying to pretend they are like any other business corporation even though their head is a Government appointed Minister.

Good thing you're not here, or you'd be slathered in paint and tied to a tree where the coyotes gather. lol

Parsley

Comment

grassy, Maybe I didn't say it clearly enuff.I reminded you first off..CHOICE.

"You should know by now grassfarmer, that I am all about choice. About not squelching voices.", said Parsley

Okay, you don't understand Swedish,so:
          YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO LET YOUR NAME STAND for A DIRECTORSHIP .

If you still can't understand that one, call 911. lol Pars

PS I think it's a weak association who is scared of a dissenter. How big are you? lol

Comment

parsley why could you not just say it. yes or no.
            a dozen roundabout posts laced with personel attacks, to get to a politicians answer.
            Given your stance on freedom and the cwb a
            yes anyone should be able to run and serve on the board
            would have done nicely

instead your true colors, shine thru

Comment

I may have over reacted. in re reading your posts
              in a round about way in your second post you almost answered the question .

however the tone and the slights overshadowed your comments

Comment

Whew! For a minute there I thought Parsley was Sarah Palin, talk and talk and talk but not answer the question.
                Maybe those "bound feet" are cutting off oxygen to the brain

Comment

It would seem that Parsley is tied very closely to the Alberta Government. If you are not dazzeled by BS, then the name calling begins. If you aren't in agreement, then you are Commie, Pinko, Left wingers, that need to be hung out to dry. Anyone should be allowed to run for office in this great nation, unless they are currently serving time......

Comment

We finally agree Burburt. Which I think is grassfarmers point.

The person running for a board of director should have a vision for the organization and be able to articulate it. They should be able work with other B. of D. to establish a stategic plan and a business plan including measures of success. Finally, they should have processes in place to measure the success of the operations side and make changes in upper managment when necessary.

Perhaps changes are required in both organizations that are mentioned here. Change sometimes comes with new people.

Comment

Are you all of a sudden surprised I'm "verbose"? Where have you been? (agstar knows his women.) LOL Why do you think Joe Dales gave me my own page? LOL

Actually, I was trying to supply Grassfarmer with some arguments in his favor. I didn't realize I have to spell them out for you.

I'm on grassy's side. On this issue. Is there anyone on this site who would actually think I would tell grassy he should not be able to run as a director?

What I like best about you burbert, is that you would be exactly the same dead drunk as you are sober. A dandy fishing partner. LOL

Know this, farmers are such bloody fine people, few can actually dampen my spirit.

I have to paint.

Pars

Comment

"Maybe those "bound feet" are cutting off oxygen to the brain"

And to think that mustardman is the sole soul that figured it out. Pars

Comment

Just wanting to know where I Can sell my CWB shares. Then the directors can do anything they please. What would be the purpose Of CWB director elections if all we were doing was rubber stamping current policy.

Comment

craig,

The CWB is NOT a corporation in the normal sense of the meaning... as ts primary responsibility is to the Canadian Government for financial reporting, business plan... and financial backing of operations.

Grain Growers have very little to do with the needed facilities required to run the CWB operations.

Goodale made the CWB responsible to no-one (Mixed Corp) while it is required to be a multi-billion$$$ organisation... that has NO real accountability for financial matters to the taxpayer of Canada... who is on the hook if the CWB messes up... in 3 ways.

1. Direct gov. guarantees;

2. Safety net payments when the CWB badly manages grain growers marketing.

3. Lost tax revenue from grain farmers... because of CWB mismanagement.

There is no incentive for the CWB to actually perform better... and make a profit... as it does not get any revenues from marketing for itself. All revenue belongs to grain growers... except what the CWB can spend!

This is not acceptable.

Comment

A interesting quote from e-malt newsletter that may have application to both CWB and APB.

Quote: ""As a matter of self-preservation, a man needs good friends or ardent enemies, for the former instruct him and the latter take him to task."
                              Diogenes

Comment

Should be ABP.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...