• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Black Monday on its way!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You mean the last sentence were it says,"There are no gauarantees with any company..."

Empahsis being on <b>"ANY'b</b>

Comment

Oop's put that on the wrong thread. That should have gone under agstars ABC Rural news thread.

Comment

Agstar back to your point here. When is the last time that you (or anyone else for that matter) was able to get a loan for 3% down like they did in the States?

The answer is never, we have a very different banking system here that so far has not been turned into the politically correct, affirmative action plan that the US has unleased upon the world. We won't get away scott free in the short term but we will fair better over the long haul.

And I wouldn't count the commodity/oil bull out just yet. Once the flight to cash is over and the US fed cranks up the printing press again watch out, things could heat up again just as quick as they've cooled off.

Comment

It could , but then you see our banks raising mortgage rates to get back all the money they have lost. Banks make money loaning money , if they make it harder to borrow they make less. Have you noticed the plunging grain prices? Are farmers going to borrow money to lose more? There is no particular reason for grain prices to fall this far with rising costs. All this may change and I hope it does, for our kids sake. The perfect storm is forming rising inputs and falling prices. The worst part of all tis is the rapid pace of change . How do you adjust when input costs go up 100 % in one year and returns drop by 100 % in one year. TD has raised it's variable rate mortgagge rattes by 1%. 500 thou house mortgage , 5000 more per year. Have you noticed our $ down to .91?

Comment

So far the broad market has given a decisive thumbs-down to the bailout package from Washington. What I expect to hear next are calls for a new, larger bailout, on the premise that the old one didn't work because it just wasn't big enough.

The markets obviously know that Congress cannot legislate value into something which has no value. I just wonder how long it will take them to realize that.

I'm not holding my breath.

In the meantime, Bernanke is priming the monetary pumps like there's no tomorrow. He's even started up an innovative program to turn the Federal Reserve into the neighborhood bank, by offering short-term loans to any business who needs them to cover short-term cash needs. Naturally, I doubt that credit-worthiness will be a consideration.

Because of these measures, I think that inflation is going to be a huge factor in the economy in a year or so. That, I believe, will be reflected in another big upsurge in commodity prices.

The question for farmers will be how long can you wait for the better prices to come around.

Comment

Agstar, I might be (only slightly) inclined to believe you that a perfect storm is brewing - rising input costs and falling grain prices. I'm more inclined to think there are opportunities to unlock.

But isn't the CWB the answer to the falling grain price problem? Why do they have to follow, or heaven forbid, maybe even lead prices lower? I thought they had "single desk market power" and the "interests of farmers" as their core strengths. Why isn't it working?

Comment

Ag is missing from this election. The current Ag Min, is hiding, more than his head in the sand (what else is new). Harpies only comment was, farmers want the freedom to market, on their own, (lets crush the CWB) like we have the gun registry, strangle and tangle it in red tape, starve it for cash and maybe it will go away, to heck with the law and due process, its the only way to goooooooo! Yeah right, no vote for the right dis time,.......eh.

Comment

Burp your liberals and NDP wouldn't let him pass the law to get rid of the gun registry or any thing else these two idiots that run the liberanos and NDipers are all for Ontario and Quebec and the heck with us out here. Keep voting for them their really helping you every day.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                  • Return to Topic List
                  Working...