• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New freight charges for Winter Wheat

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Never cared for "Mr. Prime Minister" and still don't.

Can't see any relationship to the current discussion about freight rates.

Ho hum!! Next posting...

Comment

Kodiak got the answer. Prize is recognition.

The maximum adjustment factor for wheat ex durum is $8.30/tonne ($12.35 in 2007) and $5.99/tonne for malt barley ($6.68 in 2007). Durum has is basically zero although there is a buckish negative FAF (reduces CWB deductions) in some eastern locations. Feed barley is zero (used to be a small FAF in southern Alberta to reflect access to US market.

For a brief explanation of mechanics, see:

http://www1.agric.gov.ab.ca/$department/deptdocs.nsf/all/econ8946

Comment

charliep,

1. Factor setting is obviously indeterminate, with new fees and rates popping up at random, so your posting might already be out of date.

2.CWB staff take their recommendations for consideration to the Board to get them passed. Some staffer came up with this brainwave and the Board passed it because it taxed the farmer some more. Ca-ching. Let's not try and make this look as if it has rhyme and reason. It doesn't. Not in an organic sector. It's another money grab. CWB Staff = Self Interest.

3. Price setting for fees: Is it an open process? Is it transparent? Is it consistent? Bang. Another fee. Bad PR. Bad formulation. Bad introduction. Bad explantion. Bad policy. Bad idea.

I'm a sore loser, charliep. I wanted to mulch that bloody hat.

Parsley

Comment

I'd like to poke the kodiak type with a lead pencil. Every word perfect, with his shoes shined, I'll bet. His mother probably licked down the hair sticking up on his head with her finger every day, too. ....that's how he learned to market to win.

Parsley

Comment

Ouch - that could hurt Parsley!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
            • Return to Topic List
            Working...