• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CWB Bulletinhttp://www.agriville.com/cgi-bin/forums/post.cgi?CommodityMarketing

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CWB Bulletinhttp://www.agriville.com/cgi-bin/forums/post.cgi?CommodityMarketing

Taken from the June 30 CWB Bulletin :

Quote... Unquote

* “Those who say that railways are charging ‘what the market will bear’ ignore the fact that there is no market. What is needed is effective competition to create a market. Limited running rights will permit resource industries to do what all companies seek to do – namely, call for tenders from more than one supplier (in this case, for the transportation of their products).” – Francois Tougas, National Post, June 24, 2008. (Francois Tougas is a partner with Lang Michener LLP and an adjunct professor in competition policy at the University of British Columbia Faculty of Law.)

Here's the url: http://www.cwb.ca/wcm/wps/wcm/connect/CWB/no nav contents/bulletin contents/en/june 30

Interesting? Maybe they finally have seen the light, bidding for my grain would be a good thing.

Gregpet,

At least... If I am innovative... I can use any mode of transport I can dream up... to get my grain to market... to bring transport costs down!

WITH the CWB... one choice... when prices are good... no ability to spot price and contract like I can do with any 'non-board' grain...

I MUST pay an absurd amount to the CWB... to get an export license... that is already free to Organic, Seed, Manufactured Feed, Ontario and the rest of CDN wheat and barley growers outside the 'designated area'...

The railroads CN and CP are much more competitive... than the CWB gives them credit for!

Ever heard of interswitching... of building a faciliy with both CN and CP rail service... and getting them to bid... (WHICH they do when forced to)... to give the best service and rates!

This was at least part of Viterra's comments on the CWB mucking up the shipping efficiencies... big shippers CAN do this with the different facilities... Camrose was a good example where they had a terminal on each rail line... and could direct grain to the terminal the best shipping cost could be bid at!

There are none so blind... as those who WILL not to see! ...CWB...!

It sure would be novel... if they (the CWB) would work on co-operative solutions... instead of being a bigger and bigger part of the problem!

I am sure this CWB June 30... connivance... won all sorts of discounts and performance enhancements... with the 'rail ways'!

How about allowing me the right to ship through BN at Sweetgrass MT. through Columbia Grain... to get my wheat to port?

Comment

Unfortunately gregpet I don't think the board has seen the light. They still believe in the contradiction that competition is something that applies to everyone else and not to them.

Speaking of contradictions I hear Larry Hill is going to be flying to Geneva to try and sell the WTO another one. That the board has the right to 'self determination' and that the WTO does not have the 'democratic right' to make the board voluntary. Funny how the argument changes 180 degrees when outside the borders of Canada.

At home supposedly it is all about democracy and process, abroad its all about having the right to do your own thing.

The seeds of the boards destruction, lie in its own contradictions. They can't suck and blow all at the same time forever.

Comment

Fransisco,

"They can't suck and blow all at the same time forever."

When the CWB is 'waterboarding' (Basis, Flexpro, Absurd /abusive buyback policies on PPO's and Export licenses) growers... it certainly 'seems' like forever... waiting to catch a breath!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
        • Return to Topic List
        Working...