• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

INVIGOR hybrid canola varities don't tolerate excess moisture

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

INVIGOR hybrid canola varities don't tolerate excess moisture

Have you noticed Inviror Hybrid canola varieties decreasing tolerance to excess moisture over the years?

It seem the old varieties (Westar, Legacy,etc) could swim for a week, yet still recover, unlike these current varieties we have to deal with.

What is your experience?

I feel that the newer invigours are not near the canolas as the 2153 I grew in 1998. It fell down, but it was hyper aggressive, and yielded like snot on a blustery day. Or the 2573 that broke 50 in two consecutive years. The 50 series in my opinion went downhill in yield and ground covering aggression. i have grown invigour since 1998, and I feel now- adays they don't do it like they used to for me! so far as other varieties, ie. open pollinated, when I was growing them, i was much younger, and not putting much into them fertility wise, so I can't really compare the potential...

Comment

Its like any thing they Promised higher results and we get same year after year.
      Yes in 1974 we put **** on SMF and had weed issues etc. But boy did it grow nice.
      Then the big Hybrid boom. And now we sock Anhydrous, Phos, Sulfur etc to it and get maybe on average 25% more but I don't think its genetics I think its Fertility issues.
      Ask Bayer or Monsanto on your next field trip how much N is on the field your looking at 200lbs Actual.
      Flea beetle control is a joke with these new controls yes the old stayed in soil but do you think maybe it killed other problem bugs HM.

Comment

on our farm, the hybrids have performed quite well compared to O.P.s especially in the extreme weather. The more extreme the weather,the larger percentage of margin there has been. Some times a 25bu. crop looks pretty good compared to the 15 bu. crops all around. We have found green seed hasn't been as big a problem as the OPs around us. This may be that the varieties are a bit earlier than the high yielding OPs. I am an invigor grower and I think their varieties have improved except maybe 2733 that was replaced by 5108 it was nice and early without a large yield penalty.
        The thing that is really making me angry is that I can not get Helix on Invigor just prosper and it does not pack the same punch. This is enough that I may change varieties over.

Comment

All our canola was treated with helix extra and looks very good considering the lack of moisture. Flea beatles are starting to hammer anything trated with prosper or goucho. The liberty guys are not overly happy at the moment.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...