• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Federal Government Introduces Legislation

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think that Ritz put in an alright bill all the while knowing that it cannot pass without the support of all parties before the house rises. this bill will not likely get proclaimed B4 the next CWB election, It's all about appeasing those of us in the Choice movement, I for one won't be happy until we all get a choice.

Comment

I think we can push this hard and get it through Parliament. Talk to the farm groups, all presented to the review committee, and all (with possible exemption of the NFU)supported all the recomendations including the tonnage idea. Call WCWGA, WRAP, KAP, SARM, APAS, WBGA, and get them to come forward with letters of support.
      Have to note the NFU's response

"The people that are called producers, most of them are legitimate farmers or farmers who have rented out their land ... and are still relying on the income from that land. They have a legitimate financial interest in how that grain is marketed.''
      Well's figures my land lord has a right to a vote as he/she is getting income from that land - why would any landlord have any legitimate right to a vote if they are not the ones actively taking all the risk to produce the crop and market it??
      Lets push this through, Bill C-46 needs to be vetted out in the Ag Committee, this Bill C-57 comes out of then Minister Reg Alcock's government, and has been sitting on a shelf now for over 2.5 years. In Gerry Ritz's one words, "get her done" !
      Erik

Comment

ext will be changes to the elections act. Only Canadians who gross over $100,000.00 will get to vote in federal elections.

Comment

1. One has to follow the speed with which the Government moves a bill through the house, in order to determine if it is a priority bill.

And the Wheat Board Bill is stalled.

Some of you are intent on increasing the rpm of the mouths who want the bill passed.

I have concluded that he intent of the legislators obviously differs from the intent of those wanting change, or the deed would have been done two years ago.

They are engaging in what is commonly known as pissing on your leg and telling you it is raining.

2. Governments encouraged farmers to value add and many farmers bought cattle. They grow thousands of bushels of barley and feed it. They don't flood the market with barley, they feed it. They are legitimate farmers who no longer will have a voice. Those justifying saying cattlemen should not vote will inevitably justify supply management.

Parsley

Comment

stubblejumper,

You've always embraced restrictions, so don't complain. "Restrict farmers from selling what they grow", screetches Stubblejumper.

It's your mantra. Swallow it.

Ritz gave a ministerial order to the CWB to shut up. According to the CWB, they tippytoe with every press release, with every word, so they do not break their MInisterial order.

Hmmmm.

Ministerial order remains in effect, methinks.

Think about this, all of you meek who will inherit the $2.00 wheat from your Prairie earth, IF THE MINISTER HAD ORDERED THE CWB TO PROVIDE YOU WITH EXPORT LICENSES TWO YEARS AGO, how much cash would you have gotten from the open market, shipping grain directly into the USA and ALL countries of the world when the price was high?

A bold question. Too scarey.

Parsley

Comment

Parsley I'm more or less with you on this, I do understand the rational behind this, but really if creating marketing choice was compared to building a house, these election ammendments are the equivalent of sweeping up sawdust at the end of a day.

It's just not something that really is going to amount to much.

I want out, period. Easy access to an export licence any time I wish to sell wheat works for me. I need the continuity of an AT ANY TIME, NO COST /NO BUYBACK LICENCE.

And by the way willy, you think Ritz and the Cons are the only ones who listen to only one group of farmers?

Ever heard of Ralph Goodale, the only people he would even see were CWB supporters. I remember during the Kroeger/Estey process I went to Ottawa with 20 or 30 other farmers and was slated to meet with the Messiah from Milestone and he ditched on us the last minute, wouldn't even meet with us.

So willy quit getting your hoity-toities in a knot over Ritz. Ritz needs to raise the bar much higher to even approach the esprit de pugnaciousness of Ralph Goodale.

Comment

Wilagro:

"No, I oppose Mr. Ritz changing or making new rules as he goes along in order to please CERTAIN groups of farmers"

Read what you write.

How about this is what you've essentially said, too?

"No, I do not oppose CWB changing or making new rules as they go along in order to please organic and seedgrower groups of farmers"

Isn't that what you were saying. too?

Are you having a consistency problem wilagro, or having a frontal lobe problem, perhaps?

Adam:

At least when you went to Ottawa with the Liberals, they knew the best chefs by first name in the best restaurants in town, as opposed to the present pizza pops in a microwave.

The dining experience may be different but either trips, Liberals or Conservatives, garners nothing for the Western farmer.

But they both ate farmers alive.

Parsley

Comment

My two bits
                  The orginal rules regarding voter eligiblity were put in by a government whose goal was to maintain the status quo. To suggest the present government's goal is to rig the election is to dismiss that was the same goal of the previous government. If you are going to run around and suggest that the director elections represent the wishes of farmers then in fact they need to be producing farmers. The vested interest argument has no creditability. Should American's vote in canadian election because they do business in Canada. I guess we should all vote in American elections because we have a vested interest in the outcome. The present rules regarding CWB elections are worthy of third world rigged elections.When I retire then I'm prepared to give up my voting privilege.

Comment

The cracker, has cracked, Ritz has lost it totally. With all the legislation he has proposed, Parliament will have to stay in session all Summer (won't happen). The government is running and hiding right now, cause of biker girls, security gaffes, cheap miserly attitude etc, etc, etc. Farm laws are truly way bellow the screen and carry no priority. The cracker is just attempting to save face with all the phoney balogna proposals. Ritz will be disenfranchised before any farmer in Canada.....

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                    • Return to Topic List
                    Working...