• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Seeding

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seeding

Anyone quite seeding from dryness?

Pulled into some flax stubble and could hardly get the screw driver into the groud to check moisture depth.

Might take a break from seeding.

ya cotton, just wait for the 20^C or better heat coming over the next 5 - 7 days, we don't know how lucky we've been, having below normal temps, particularly with all the wind blowing. I've heard of people shutting it down a week ago, east of #47

Comment

We have been pushing it hard. But the wind and cold have taken just seeded fields and dry-ed the tops out. But then on Sunday night we got 3/4 of a inch so were good again with the heat that's coming. Boys seed when this ElNino changes Manitoba and East Sask will be wet again.

Comment

I don't understand why not seeding is an option, yes it's early, but if it doesn't rain, you'll be happy its in the ground early, and if it does rain, you'll be even happier. We finished yesterday, there is still enough moisture to get started, but it's not going to last forever. Had to seed a little deeper than i like to, but that is better than shutting down.

Comment

i feel the same railway ! have one quarter left (flax) and will put it in tomorrow, after we get this auto steer installed today. ya we might have to seed a little deeper, but really the moistures not that deep yet, we've just been spoiled here(SE) over the last 5 or 10 years, where you could get away with seeding anything a quarter or a half inch deep.

Comment

What kind of auto-steer?

The input cost risk is freaking me out,plus the possibility of reseeding what i've seeded depending on the rain timeline.

Cant argue either side of the point to hard, because i dont know what the answer is.

Comment

We started seeding april 28, finished may 9.
              Peas are up good, can see the rows.
              RR canola was seeded after the peas, may be 80% germ. was seeded into tall stubble, may be ground has been to cool for good germ in those fields.
              Nexera was seeded next into pea stubble, good germ.
              Barley was seeded next, can see the rows.
              Wheat was seeded last and is out of the ground.
              We farm northeast of estevan,and have had no measurable percipitation so are surprised with good germ.

Comment

cotton, S3 w/ e-drive

Comment

Had that same unit installed on an 8120 John Deere. I like it.

Comment

Its early sunday and today we will finish the Canola, starting hrs. Barley and oats ill do with the second drill this week,The rain last monday made the trees have leaves and lots popped out, wildoats was one of them.

Comment

If I quit it might be because of the blasted wind was blowing straw into my seed furrows, hope the canola still comes through. But done with that now just CWSWS wheat. The drill is just pulling way too easy now.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                      • Return to Topic List
                      Working...