• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boycott

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boycott

As a farmer I would encourage all other farmers , farm groups and organizations to boycott any elevator company , processor , or grain buyer who takes delivery of CWB grains . The boycott will begin Aug 1/08 with no deliveries of any pulses , oilseeds or grains to any of the above that take delivery of CWB grain.
    The onus of compliance will be with elevator companies, processors or grain buyers of all grain, oilseed and pulses when deliveries stop.
    This action will put pressure on the CWB to give farmers, grain companies and processors free export license and free movement domesticly for wheat and barley.

Please comment.

Great idea. I suggested to apas last spring to have their reps get farmers to sign on to a product withhold agreement.

Those morons couldn't grasp the idea. Had they done it last year - can you imagine the money farmers would have today.

Argentine farmers go on strike and Canadian farmers keep bending over.

Its insane. Apas has to adopt this idea. Thats their job.

Comment

apsa is self distructing thanks to idiots like you

Comment

Apas is self destructing because they are incompetent.

And since you think my ideas are idiotic let's hear some of yours.

Comment

Boycott CWB I am in.

Comment

Go for it, then you will have one less thing to whine about.

Comment

Just do not grow cwb grains. There are other options.

Comment

The CWB is very negative toward constructive solutions for the profitability of Western Canadian farmers. The only PPO that approaches a fair price for wheat is the DPC contract and it is still well below any spot price you find in ND or Montana. I have watched open market prices for years and have yet to see the CWB Pro above the open market price in any locations with simular distants to tide water. The DPC is now controlled and owned by Cargill and their phone book of farmers names. No other farmers had an oppertunity to get contracts for the limited amount of tonnes offered.
                CWB staff have always advised farms that the pro always matched spot price in the USA and also stated that spot prices had considerable discounts. Wrong, the spot prices are cash prices and have no further discounts and do not have a subside add to it. If you want to believe the Board do it but inform yourself by an independent means first. As you known the PRO has deductions(freight and handling) but did you known the another approx. $10.00/mt is deducted each year from your final payment by means of direct cost at port(in 2006 it was $12.00). There is $30 to $40/mt deducted by the board at port from the actual world price of grain. These deductions would be placed in farmers pockets in a open and competitive market as is so evident in the US market price as compared to the CWB.
                Director McCready stated lately that the transportation system would be better served by an open and competitive rail system then the over regulated system we have. I would fully agree with him if he had also stated that the CWB was standing in the way of the future of rail transportation that farmers could relie on.
                I don`t want to truck my wheat and barley accross the border, I want to haul to a competitive grain handler or processor at a cash or future price discovered on the world market by active bidding in a open,competitive and transparent manner.
                Okay Rip Me Apart with evidence that we can compare with. Dr. Grey had very little solid evidence and made alot of assumsions to arrive at his theory.

Comment

Rocky,

Don't worry about misuse of the DPC our CWB FBR told us it was history.....

Comment

Rock it would be a perfect world, if there was fair and open competition. But when you look at statements from exec's like Mayo, you got to wonder. He stated in a recent interview , that with the CWB gone they could squeeze out some of the competitors because they woul be more efficient. His efficiency relies on less competition not more. Guess where his efficiency gains will go ? To Viterra's bottom line or to yours?

Comment

Agstar
                      If I was Mayo I would be preaching that we can competed better than anyone else but he also run Sask. Wheat Pool into non financial exsistance. His creditability has yet to be discovered.
                      Doesn`t the CWB preach the same story as Mayo and yet their creditability is now unwinding at mach speed.
                      Agstar, you have been accused of being a director of the CWB is it true as mentioned by L. Weber a few threads back that your CWB sales team under sold the USA on two contracts by $50.00/mt. Could you or another director enlighten us on the premium obtained in this transaction.

Comment

No, and you gotta ask why would they do that. Even if they did undercut , why would they do 50. Weber should have gone to the Media if he had proof. Obviously somebody was feeding him Bull. An e-mail by an anonymous source is hardly worth getting excited about.

Comment

I support the CWB. I'll deliver grain to them, if the price is right. Maybe you boycotters should just stop farming, that would work even better, don't grow, no expenses, higher prices win/win for everyone. Take a year or so off during high grain prices, that will lead to success for sure!!

Comment

Agstar
                            The CWB done $50 under because they can, they have no real acquistion cost. Risk lies with the farmer who has no control on wheat or barley.
                            Allegations are flying in the grain industry that some CWB directors have received financial incentives from the board to vote in favour of the single desk. There should be an investigation.I`am sure you have heard of it, Agstar.
                            Burbert
                            Your I.Q. is showing!

Comment

Hey Aggie - I'm still waiting for your email - I said I would email it to you.
                              Real verifiable email address. Check back to the original post. Get some spheres.

Anonymous email - good grief. Who said it was anonymous?

Controlled by farmers...the only people that don't know what their wheat is being sold for is western Canadian farmers. The trade knows - Canada's competitors know - the USDA tracks it.
                              Commercially sensitive ...right.

Take it to the media...that's funny.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...