• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

vader's good barley ideas

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How about for every pooled ton sold there should be a pooled ton purchased or speculated on. Is there buyers , end users that would also like to use a pooling system? Probably. Could a pooled contract work the same as any other futures contract?

Comment

I wish to take you people back up this thread a little way to where Adamsmith says that the CWB will still have to deal with the 62% of farmers who don't want the CWB to have a monopoly on barley. I believe it is actually a much higher number than that. Approx. 80,000 ballots sent out. 29,067 returned. response rate of 36.25%. Of those, 37.8% were in favor of maintaining a single desk monopoly. That's only 13.7% of total producers.And Vlidimier, don't try to tell me that some of those who didn't vote could possibly care deeply about the need to keep a strong CWB,If they did they would have voted!

Comment

I was just reviewing this thread and took note that this is just another example of Evader avoiding direct and reasonable questions. How can you have an "open and fair discussion" as chuckChuck appears to want, when the guy on the other side ignores your questions?

Evader, can you at least say WHY you avoid these questions?

To jog your memory:

1....Thoughts on the basis pool idea?

2....Thoughts on organics as a niche market? (in which you apparently support farmers getting zero-cost export licenses with no buy-back)

Comment

EVader,

I hear some CWB Directors are having a meeting at 423 Main this week.

Can we take you seriously about the commitment to exempt containers and organic shipments from the buyback and treat them like; seed, processed feed, or grain grown outside the "designated area"?

WIll you move a motion to get this, small but important, move in motion?

Comment

Vader, You said "no-cost"

That is very different from no-buyback.

no -cost means selling to the Board and buying back at no cost.

No buyback is what Ontario has. it is what the feed mills have. It is what seed growers have.

Be specific for me here.

no cost or no-buyback?

Parsley

Comment

Evadre,where are you?
              There have been a lot of posts on this thread since you last commented. There have been some direct questions asked to you. And I have been lobbying for change to the way the CWB deals with organic barley,all the way up to the PM himself.I have asked them all to just give us free export permits to market our own barley just as are given to ontario farmers. You seem to have selective hearing whenever someone suggests doing something that isn't what you and the other 13.7% want to hear!!More and more of us are getting fed up with your crap,if you don't do something soon to quell the masses you may very well find a bigger challenge to wheat than you are expecting.

Comment

Will not the following CWB announcement.

Qutoe "Growers of malting barley in all parts of Western Canada will have access to the CWB's protein premium program during the coming crop year thanks to a total of 21 companies signing on as participants for 2007-08. The program rewards farmers who produce the lower-protein barley that the malting industry requires. Premiums range from $1 for protein levels of 12.5 per cent to $5 for 11 per cent and under. For more information, visit www.cwb.ca ."

Is this an indication the CWB will stay in barley even if goes open market?

The only other program I have heard mentioned over time is premiums for plumbness. Not sure where CWB is at on shorter pooling periods or multiple pools. Could also offer a daily price contract similar to wheat. Good programs will have merit in both status quo and open market.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                • Return to Topic List
                Working...