• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hired help

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My brother -in-law took his 1996 Walker to Hydrio Tech in Regina and had Mike install 4 industrial high-pressure oil filters. These filters have built in reversing valves that maintain flo forward or reverse. This is a 1996 Walker that is still going today with 5000 spraying hours.It has a custom built 130 foot boom front mount. That sprayer doesn't owe him anything.

Comment

Wheel motor who, just try n keep up to my chipped apache 1220, it weighs less than your jonny empty fully loaded with 1200 gallons, just wish the autosteer wouldnt kick me out at 27mph. So I spray at 26 and transport at 38.

Comment

Farma,

I dunno I am cultivating!

Sprayers are like Mistresses. If one is good, two are better. Farmers think they cant go without one. At first its all wonderful and happy times until the attention and maintenance demands begin. Then, they really **** up your life.

Dat's all I have to say 'bout sprayers.

Comment

Cultivating.....weed homicide.

Another pesticide like herbicide, insecticide and fungicide. Kinda fits in.

Comment

We run all family and it works great.

Sons are old enough and have been around equipment since 13 they are 17 and 14 plus the old guy still helps out.

If they screw up its easy to forget.

Problems happen on all farms but stupidity you are born with.

Comment

Same old, if NOT yours, less at stake, and less give a shit, see housing on reserves.
              If you pay for screw ups, you try harder, human nature. Zero employees, never had any, all have a stake in farm. Oh ya nobody would work for me anyway.

Comment

Klaus.

Don't feel bad. I caught a hub leaking before the gear oil had started collecting dust. Still cost 10 grand to fix.

They have to basically destroy parts of the hub to replace a 800 dollar seal which then costs as much as a new hub.

Why the **** anyone would design a hub without an easy fix is beyond me.

Comment

I have a city helper this year who is very much into organic farming, sustainable living, conservation etc. I have spent a lot of time describing organic vs. Conventional . Tillage, erosion risk, fuel consumption, tractor hours, farmers not "dousing" chemicals on the crops, efficiency, zero till, spraying, repairs. It was kind of exhausting. My strongest point was I simply did not understand the conditions of buying retail and selling wholesale. I just didn't understand everybody's bullshit/rhetoric. I am not so much "against" my conventional neighbors farming practices, I am just not doing it. Everybody is trying to make a living in their own way. we choose our direction/method and lean into it.
                  I just see the conventional industry, which I participated in for 15 years, as one sided. I cannot dispute the fact that my neighbors are far more efficient and productive at growing crops.

All makes and models of machinery run great until it breaks down........

Comment

I wonder if a deer antler started that chain of events

Comment

One thing always leads to another, and the another is often way more expensive. Bad stubble rash on those tires Klause?

Comment

Well said ajl, but not in every case.

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
                          Well said ajl, but not in every case.
                          Been happening here to us....those that have LOTS, NEED more and get it by hook or crook. Like us, those that have less, even that shall be eventually taken from them.... just like the bible?

Comment

Fjlip, are you talking about the farmer of the year again?

Its also known as the curse i have heard

Or is it when you cultivate sacred property...

Comment

what if its all sacred ground?

Comment

Biglentil,

Do you mean like .....for Buffalo??

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...