• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chicks at $8.00 a piece

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Freewheat:

It has probably been thirty five years that I have sold eggs off the farm. One thing I am surprised about is when you say that you let your chickens free range. When we sold eggs, I would say at least seventy five percent of our customers would not buy dark yokes, so we kept ours penned. Got to the point I myself did not like the dark yokes. Lol funny how the mind can play tricks.

Comment

tweety you in Hawaii! Kauai has lots of chickens running around.
      HA Ha

Comment

There is good science to back up why there is such a difference in factory or farm,and the tidal wave of what the consumer wants shouldn't be ignored.

The world is suffering from a major vitamin and mineral deficiency and people are waking up,i could blab about it for hours.

Comment

The food industry in nirth america created An eating disorder! Literally.
          I never used to give a shit about any of this stuff until I started growing and eating hemp. Then I learned it is very healthy, so... Why not.
          I recently watched a youtube video lecture called "Sugar-the bitter truth" maybe it was suggested here. Its very insightful about the biochemistry and how calories are not calories. It all ties into the Nixon era, the war on poverty and cheap food.
          The summary was in a span if 40 years the American food industry has taken away the people's freedom (biochemical sugar addiction) , their wallets, and their health.

Comment

Im kind of suprised that Cotton acknowledges some of these trends.
            I am also suprised everytime an AVer calls the consumer stupid. Its incredible.

Comment

A stupid vegatarian bitch wrote the food pyramid under nixon condemning the world to 40 years of suffering.

The einsteins only recently discovered leptin,which technically in my mind makes your body fat apart of the endocrine system.

Got heartburn,suckin on tums all the time,guess what your stomach is trying to reacidifie because its to alkaline,your actually making it worse,take a swig of apple cider vinegar

Omega 6?if your a bear getting ready for hibernation

Its ****ing endless how back word everything is

Comment

Why surprised?

Ive got a few thousand hours in and i know i need to get to ten,at least,like everything else,but this is one hell of a rabbit hole to go down.

Comment

Heres another one that could help some people.

Know anybody thats mentally ****ed up?we all have wives right?i kid i kid,try giving them some omega 3 supplements,i think fish type is best but not sure.

Comment

http://chriskresser.com/how-too-much-omega-6-and-not-enough-omega-3-is-making-us-sick/

I like hemp because its not offensive to eat, its actually nice flavour. There is Omega 3 and Omega 6 oil in the hemp hearts, protein powder and hemp seed oil.
                    This weblink is a fairly long research document but explains a lot of the characteristics of hemp.
                    I have been eating hemp hearts everyday for 3 years. No other lifestyle changes This is anecdotal but I am no longer allergic to cats and dogs, and I am much less interested in beer/alcohol. More than likely I might have begrudgedly "matured".

http://www.davoil.ro/documente/the-composition-of-seed-oil-and-its-potential-as-an-important-source-nutrition.pdf

Comment

Hemp hearts are great,had them in the house for years,thats what i need to talk to you about been pissin around with other shit to get that email sent.

Comment

There is a lot of facts and chemistry in that research document.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
                          Re predators..... I've heard it said that when you think you're getting rid of predators by eradication, all you're doing is creating a vacuum. New ones will just move in from outside the territory. Maybe leaving the "balance" is the best thing you could do. Let the guard dog keep them at bay? The existing predators may respect the dogs territory more than the new comers?

Just asking.
                          I have trapped and hunted all my life. This idea that predators move in is a half truth in my case for several reasons. I trap a large area, not just my yard. I do trap my yard, VERY hard, so I eradicate the threat. The ones in the yard are the highest risk. So I eliminate them. Yes, new animals move in, but not overnight. It can take a year or more. I like the fur money. Western coyotes are the only fur worth money.

It does not create the vacuum many theorize about, IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by wiseguy
                            Freewheat is not that happy he didn't finish harvesting !

# get the combine ready to go !
                            She has been ready for months!

#Fababeansstillstanding canolawinteredwell#

Comment

Originally posted by agchat View Post
                              Freewheat:

It has probably been thirty five years that I have sold eggs off the farm. One thing I am surprised about is when you say that you let your chickens free range. When we sold eggs, I would say at least seventy five percent of our customers would not buy dark yokes, so we kept ours penned. Got to the point I myself did not like the dark yokes. Lol funny how the mind can play tricks.
                              Our customers WANT dark yokes. When they ask why in the spring that the yolks are almost orange, we tell them they are completely free range and it is carotene from the grass etc.

Collecting eggs in summer, is like picking 5 dollar bills off the ground that appeared from no where, because there is ZERO input whatsoever, other than shutting and opening the barn door. lol

Comment

I shoulda learned to play the Guitar I should hae learned to play those drums.

Cause then you get Money for nothin and Chicks for Free!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...