• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Drought crappy insurance gutted agri instability = NDP governments federal and provincial

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lol. Need to start a new thread on the auger mover I guess. It would be fairly easy to build one for a tiny fraction of what they sell for. I may have to think more seriously of it. I am just a strong, relatively young guy, and have well balanced augers which are pretty easy to move. But I can see where they would be handy, it's not that. It is more financial. I have a lot of needs around here. An auger mover has not even been remotely on my radar, you know?

Comment

Freewheat

The rest won't matter if you have a sore back.

Move that up your priority list.

Don't let anyone here say they told you so on that issue. You will live to regret it.

Comment

You sound so much like me 25 years ago it's scary. If you want I can tell you what shape your body will be in at my age. Be careful you must, young padowan.

Comment

Lol i use to think I was strong could put a 450 pound snowmobile into the back of truck by myself but one year pulling a big auger up an incline i hurt the back processed to shovel out the square bin of chickpeas to the custom trucker and went into harvest with a witha pain out of Dante's inferno.

1000 acres of lentil swathing in a case ih four thousand with no ac,countless muscle relaxers,no real sleep well no such thing as tough when it comes to the back.

Talk the hawes guy bob i think? Great guy good mover pretty sure he would sell you the major components. Make sure you get the clutch that keeps the motor going but the auger on or off.

Comment

Freewheat, You are provided with one body in a lifetime, do what you can to preserve its integrity. Don't wear it out prematurely. Treat it like the temple it is. Heed the advice of those who went before you or...

Comment

I agree on the mover - there is a limit to bring frugal .. In a lot of things

Comment

I am going to start a go fund me campaign. Thanks for the input.

Comment

Braveheart

Railways are pretty well represented in Ottawa.

Comment

Lets face it guys, most farmers are so fat and pot bellied(like me), its not even funny. Thats why we hurt ourselves when we pick up an auger. We are so out of shape, its not even funny. Freewheat, his life sounds like mine at his age. An Old McDonald farm. Between pitching square bales, shoveling out flat bottoms, forkin shit, that is what kept you in shape. He probably can pick up a eight inch auger, and run with it, and not worry about his back. Chances are he will slow down in a few years, become lazy(like me), and then he will have to worry about his back.

Comment

lol! There is some truth to that! There are way more pudgy grain only guys around than animal guys I notice. Actually, I nearly have proof that the bigger the farm, the bigger the farmER. lol. They get it all done by their gopher guys, while they text in the truck.

I know crap can happen, there is not doubt in that. But I do have a very string back, and do not think much of moving an auger from one bin to the next at this point. My 8 X 46 Sak is the heavier one. I have a 10X30 supercharged brandt, and it is much easier to move than that Sak.

That all said, I take seriously the comments about a mover. In a few years, my two sons can move the auger for me. lol Then I will become pudgy.

Comment

like I say, I have a string back.

Comment

Sorry if i offended some on here, but i did use the word most. I call a spade a spade, and lets face it when TV showed farm progress clips, you have to admit, it looked like most were there for pre natal classes instead. I would of fit right in.

Comment

I don't know 70 maybe 80 street fights the first a guy punching me in the face till he was exhausted then i put him in the hospital and went to the hospital to lay some more hurt,the last kicking a man to pieces with a man on each arm pulling me off and laughing at each encounter....

Moral of the story,you aint tough and neither am i.

Comment

There a new subsidy system in europe, based on acres occupied, so all the renters are getting the boot and the land lies idle.
                              its the madhouse

Comment

Well I guess you guys don't want any government assistance. Well I think it will be necessary and many of you will begin to see that going forward.
                                I will continue to expand every chance I get with as much new iron as I can finance cause I hate pulling wrenches. For those of you cavemen who are scared of change I feel sorry for you. You probably spend you days driving around in your shitty old truck hating your neighbours cause they have something you don't. Must be a pathetic existance!
                                If things keep going to shit in the states and the dollar collapses, which it will, all of you with cash in the bank that you saved up for a rainy day and went without for years, won't be worth shit. But hey you'll have another reason to spend the next decade complaining and hating everyone who has got what you don't.
                                I have no problem taking taxpayers money and buying a new fully loaded 3/4 ton truck with it and hooking it to my fifth wheel and ski boat. Just like the taxpayers don't care about the fact that I only get 2-3 cents per loaf of bread or bottle of beer. Oh and lets not forget about the politicians that spend our money on the fanciest hotels and all expense paid business trips. (why can't those bastards stay at the super 8)
                                While you boys sit at home, bitch and complain about the haves I'll be on the lake with a cold beer between spraying in my new 4940 john deere that I owe 350,000 on and sleep like a baby!
                                Just thought we might be able to motivate the thief's in regina to sent us some cash.
                                Good luck this year boys you are gonna need it!!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...