• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Feed wht vs #2

Collapse
X
Collapse
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • freewheat
    Senior Member
    • Aug 2007
    • 2981

    #21
    As long as your wheat is lowish fuzz, the pig barns take some pretty DARN UGLY wheat.

    Hard red is a dead horse on this farm.

    Comment

    • Oilking
      Member
      • Dec 2013
      • 64

      #22
      I never seeded an acre of red spring wheat this year. I know others have done the same. Tired of the no cars excuse and wide basis bullshit

      Comment

      • Member
        • Dec 2013
        • 64

        #23
        I never seeded an acre of red spring wheat this year. I know others have done the same. Tired of the no cars excuse and wide basis bullshit

        Comment

        • fjlip
          Senior Member
          • Oct 2002
          • 9970

          #24
          Hopefully enough wheat acres are reduced world wide to reduce supply and increase prices. Too much grain/oilseeds every where. Farms doing food at a loss, but 98% of people are laughing. Oh ya, they all support us! Ag more than ever, I see less profit for all farmers. Wages keep up with costs, our prices stuck in the 70's!

          Comment

          • farmaholic
            Senior Member
            • Sep 2010
            • 17489

            #25
            Our "solution" is to ramp up production to offset the price shortfall. Like all other businesses, right?

            Comment

            • charliep
              Senior Member
              • Oct 2000
              • 9002

              #26
              To answer the last 2 posts, USDA did their first 2015/16 crop production and consumption forecasts. Link below.

              [URL="http://www.usda.gov/oce/commodity/wasde/latest.pdf"]WASDE[/URL]

              Recognizing that wheat is being harvested somewhere in the world every month, the vast of majority of northern hemisphere winter wheat will be harvested over the next 3 months.

              If you look at the first estimates (things will change), the world production is estimated to equal consumption. The challenge is the continuation of a relatively big world wheat carryover.

              I think the wheat market is trying to bottom. Up at resistance levels on the charts - need to break to make the next move higher.

              Comment

              • Partners
                Senior Member
                • May 2010
                • 3105

                #27
                Richardson's raised there price .64 cents today..

                Comment

                • farmaholic
                  Senior Member
                  • Sep 2010
                  • 17489

                  #28
                  Sold the last of those 40 tonnes today for $5.21/bu, it was already delivered and on a basis contract from when I hauled all the wheat in. **** it......

                  Will be interesting to see what happens over the next week, was up sharply today. I guess I don't care because I'm out and tend not to presell wheat I don't have or know the quality specs of....

                  Comment

                  • ajl
                    Senior Member
                    • May 2008
                    • 3282

                    #29
                    Fjlip: private sector wages frequently lag inflation and do not keep up with costs as well. (Public sector different story). Lots of people have not seen a raise in the last number of years. My wife got a small one this year: the first in three years. Still lots of minimum wage out there even in Alberta where you heard about labor shortage the last three years. The NDP will solve that problem.

                    Comment

                    • fjlip
                      Senior Member
                      • Oct 2002
                      • 9970

                      #30
                      Still there are NO wages stuck in the 70's.

                      Comment

                      • Reply to this Thread
                      • Return to Topic List
                      Working...