• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nykolaishen flyer ...

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My brother knows the Nykolaishens he says a lot of that machinery comes off their farm with one year use. No machinery cost to put/take crop off, and their farm is quite large.

Comment

Lol - well that might have worked the last few years - it will be a cost if that machinery sits for a birthday because it is 30% overpriced to the rest of the market .

Comment

Hobby, coming from you, your tongue must be raw with all you've said tongue in cheek!!!

Between the lines I read some sarcasm.

Comment

Me Thinks Dealers are Gunna Have a Come To Jesus Moment By The Time Harvest Rolls Around!!!!!!!!!! ))))))))))

Comment

"trade it every year" , right dalek, learning curve and the "bugs" of new. Local large farm has the dealership on speed dial and near daily service calls. Subsequent years of use get better, till I dread trading and relearning, must be too long in the tooth, lol.
            Jay Dee sales so slack all winter, staff painted interior walls for recreation. IMHO in a down turn machinery inventory is less desirable than grain in the bin.

Comment

Guys leave my buddy alone. Good selection of equipment. And their still a family business.

Comment

Farmaholic,

Mild sarcasm, everyone is so addicted to their sprayers, and they are $400,000 . Wow. Then the chemical,doesn't work, or a second flush, or the timing was off, or the crop gets a bit burnt, or it was too hot that day, or not hot enough that day.
                It's just such an odd industry. No matter how ineffective the chemical is, you still have the bill and payment for the sprayer. I guess you got to have it.
                I have not studied too many flyers for a couple of years. I don't think I realize the cost of updated machinery. A person has to farm a lot of acres if they are going to pay for all those $400,000 units.

Comment

Sadly your right hobby , a little exaggerated but right. But either your in on doing a good job or don't bother . I have had one chem complaint in 15 years of my spraying, not sure about others though

Comment

Nykolaishen.

Just good people. No ill words for that dealer.

I could only wish my local would learn how to treat customers that well.

Comment

Furrow did the company come forward and say they screwed up etc.
                      Most times they hope it goes away, Say it was all your fault, Or do nothing. It will cost you so much money to fight them they really don't care. Then if you lose they get their court costs covered and five plus years of your life. Ah what a system.
                      On new super dealers I could tell you idiotic things they do that would make your head spin. But they are well run companies.
                      Its real easy I stick with family run business or Independents in most cases.

Comment

Not sure wth your talking about s/f ?
                        I am sure they run a good business , just pointing out their prices in that flyer are soo out of touch.
                        You have been flapping your mouth all winter how everything is overpriced and now it's ok ??

Comment

Ah the chem complaint - well that's a long story but ya your mostly right . At the end of the day I will have full width , documented , GPS and feild maps of any test strip I leave . It is too easy to cover every square inch while spraying now .

Comment

I'm not saying their prices are not out to lunch when compared todays auction equipment. I just like them as a operation. Family run business is way better than these new Dealerships we have. Example. Oh do three deals to one farm no interest in trades or very little send to Richies and loose close to Quarter Mill on deal that's a great business model.
                            Big mega deals are not going to cut it with a 24% exchange rate on new equipment.
                            I'm not purchasing till that magic number gets inline with what's happening today.
                            On the complaint with company. If you go the court route expect it to be a very long process and it gets real expensive fast.

Comment

We have an independent case dealer here as well , they are very good to deal with. The JD is now owned by a multi . They seem ok.
                              But regardless of who owns them , they will have to adjust pricing on used or it will sit for birthdays.

Comment

And the consequence is much reduced trade in allowance for the next deals...your equipment/net worth/equity is decreasing.
                                Should reduce yearly flipping to new with faster depreciation.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...