• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whooo Hooo

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kaiser, there is not even modified material in the oil, because the oil is protein free.

Also, if you rotate with forages, fine. But how do you break out of the forage year? Till it and disc it and disc it some more? Cuz, yeah, that is really a soil building practice, isn't it?

Imagine growing non gmo canola again? Pulverising the soil to apply treflan? Then working iit twice more to incorporate it?

Spare me.

Comment

"Imagine growing non gmo canola again? Pulverising the soil to apply treflan? Then working iit twice more to incorporate it?" Freewheat, this chemical debate does want to make me chuckle about how we make decisions to decide if it is right or wrong based on how it fits into our program. Based on your statement then you have decided that roundup is a good and safe product to use, because tillage(which I do not care for) ruins the land. Is the land the question here, or our health. Me and you may not know that now, but maybe your kids or grandkids will be able to tell us. Oh right we may be dead so who cares what or how we have left things behind. I do not know what the right answer is, and do not want to guess. Just saying that your statement is like saying "well if penicillin keeps me from getting infection, then i will always take it every day"

Comment

Whole Foods had 13 billion in natural, organic, gluten free, etc, etc sales in 2013.
        Monsanto had 14 billion in sales of seed, herbicides, etc, etc.

Which one would you trust?

Comment

I would rather have the soil on my land, than the trifluralin in my soil and running off with the water into ponds and streams and sloughs and seeping into the water table.

I dunno. I think we should do what is best to us. And to me, not having to till the snot out of the soil, and spray with muster and poast as a follow up to the weak on weeds treflan.

Nothing is perfect. Some methods are closer than others, but none are perfect. There is no single answer...

Comment

Mother Nature is PERFECT.... Work with her.

Comment

Here is a sweet ladies skirt to hide behind boys.

http://www.nurselovesfarmer.com/2014/11/the-truth-about-glyphosate-and-wheat/

Comment

What would be your opinion of liberty herbicide? Or other desicants? As a farmer its nice to work with glypho I thought its less toxic. Its like a short sleeve chemical. Other stuff long sleaves gloves. Worst shit is body chem suit and resperator for insecticides. In canada we occationally spray once for insects. This year in brazil they are spraying soyabeans six times and that is just for insects. I think were doing pretty good. You need to go to brazil.

Comment

The intent is to open your eyes about how bad things are and where. I dont expect results.

Comment

Open my eyes Hopper? Holy shit man, I oppose the use of chemicals on food in any country period.

Now go and tell me once again that we will never be able to feed the people of this earth without them. OMG man.

Comment

You could take a look at what Brazil and other south American countries,,,, and maybe a few other countries around the world that I have visited are saying about Monsanto and any other chemical farming methods.

Maybe you need to drop in on Cuba on your way to Brazil next trip and eat some real food.

Comment

Ya i've seen the standard of living in cuba, get off the resort next time and look for yourself. are you saying brazil doesn't use chemicals in their food prod.? Some fruits produce their own chemicals to ward off disease and insects. ( apples- alar )

Comment

Kenya and Somalia are high producing countries. And they use no chemicals.

Comment

Kenya and Somalia are high producing countries. And they use no chemicals.

Comment

I agree Krazer, mother nature is a perfect example to follow. Her warrior plants, who compete endlessly for their share of resources, use chemistry to beat back those creepy crawlies, fungi, and other plants who try to steal their horde. I do the same for my crops.

Comment

Oops forgot to add this quick read about this bitch called mothernature. And you think Monsanto is dangerous???
                                http://tierneylab.blogs.nytimes.com/2007/06/06/synthetic-v-natural-pesticides/?_r=0

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...