• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday Crop Report!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SF3, do you think no-till is helping? Keeping that straw standing will just trap snow and keep the wind from drying your land out -ours too. We are going to burn the sloughs, use the Wishek on those soggy spots. No problem finding them. We have similar problems. We will have to adapt to this weather pattern, but then just as soon as we duck to the left, there will be an open winter and it will be dry as a fart next year. LOL

Comment

By freeze up we will have half the acres black from the kelly and burn 1000 black. Yes adaptation is a must. Then a dry winter and windy spring and were dry! Ah farming, welcome to Saskatchewan. Ha ha

Comment

Braveheart

Just listen to you"

There are NFU types who have no vision, view everyone in business as a den of thieves, and who want the ag industry back in an ISIS- like Stone Age".

Comparing Farmers here on Agriville who don't agree with your ideology, past and present Ag program and policy changes, to a group of terrorist. Is very extreme to say the least.

Just how great was the elimination of the Crow Rate. Railways along with the handling system were to become more efficient. All that happened is branch lines being torn out, elevator closures and municipal roads being destroyed. I'm sure that the majority of posters on here would agree with me on that one especially with last years performance by railways and grain co.

As for the CWB dismantling, I have read here on Agriville several posters who wanted the CWB gone, second guessing themselves. The jury is still out on that one my friend.

Braveheart your arrogance is beyond belief. You post on here with comments about your neighbors tillage practices, how wrong they are and how your waiting for their failure at farming so you can buy them out. You brag about finding markets in the USA and shipping by producer car but then say you don't want to give away to many details. Like really who gives a hoot about your marketing decisions. You talk about going to Ottawa to lobby government. Why don't you climb down from your own pile and come back to earth.

Many posters on here comment how farmers should work together and somehow take on industry to improve or marketing power and bottom lines. Braveheart guys like you are the very reason it will never happen. You just think you are so much better than other farmers around you. So why don't you haul yourself back to Ottawa and discuss Ag issues with your political friends because then you will be amongst people of your own kind.

Comment

Oh my Forage. I must be so alone. You tell me I have no farmer friends. The truth is, Ottawa didn't want me around either. I was hard on them. Railroads despised me. The CWB certainly hated me. Why you ask? Because I was/am an advocate for farmers and the freedoms they need to run their farms like a business and enjoy the use of their own property.

Cultivate black if you want. Your farm, your business. Let it blow, wash, fritter away, destroy organic matter, I don't care. Your heirs might when your topsoil is in a fence line or ditch and you're rotting in a hole. Your heirs might wonder why Grandpa gave so much money to petroleum companies for fuel instead of leaving more in the estate.

Re NFU vs ISIS, they both look back not forward. The NFU and Sask Wheat Pool held back agriculture in Western Canada for decades. Where do we send the bill? Can any of them afford to pay?

Comment

We are all looking for viable solutions to the question, "how am I going to move my production with a buck left in it for my efforts?" The dilemma is common to all producers, marketers, brokers, processors ..... But for some its easier than for others because they are less dependant on service providers for transportation. As in Alberta versus Saskatchewan. The Crow is gone, that's a fact, but that was in 1994. What has government done to ensure that our grain will move when it has to? The penalties are a joke. The railways are just laughing at " $100,000 a day, no let's make that $100,000 a week ... Or maybe never.

Comment

Braveheart, I would like to compare your petroleum, chemical bill to mine when I seeded with a discer and sprayed once. You ought to just do that comparison before you blow your horn about how low your inputs are now.

Comment

Our inputs aren't low! But, if you seeded with a discer here and sprayed once, you would have quack grass right up to your Victoria Secrets undies.

But, you miss the point. Tillage doesn't work for ME. If it works for YOU, then do it. I don't care. It's your farm. Do with it what you wish. We all will live with the consequences of our actions. Something to do with Fathers/Sons and sins revisited will come into play.

Comment

Brave 30 years of no till is ending this fall yes it works but now I see other problems and my tillage experiment works! Canola tilled lightly vs heavy wheat straw 12 higher! Never going back to and etc but extream wet takes extreme changes!

Comment

Do what you need to do.

Comment

Soil needs certain things and after 30 years and extreme wet their homing to bite us in the ass on the black zone!

Comment

If it's wet phone a Manitoban they will explain why you fall till

Comment

Braveheart

You stated

Cultivate black if you want. Your farm, your business. Let it blow, wash, fritter away, destroy organic matter, I don't care. Your heirs might when your topsoil is in a fence line or ditch and you're rotting in a hole. Your heirs might wonder why Grandpa gave so much money to petroleum companies for fuel instead of leaving more in the estate.

Just wondering how you came to the assumption that this is a farming practice used on my farm? Please explain?

Comment

I don't know what you do, and don't care.

Comment

Who the hell one here talked about the extremes? And they are absolutely right. You either adapt to the changes around you or struggle doing things that don't work. Flexibility is key. Verticle tillage ISN'T the old method of intensive summerfallowing. Simply mixing the previous crops residue with a bit of soil and aerating a wee bit.

We are not as wet as some areas and will continue the no till method. Is it contributing to disease? I believe so. But environmental conditions "during" the growing season aee probably the biggest culprit.

Comment

Some folk sure are testy. The NFU comments always bring out the howls. The Crow and _ _ _ absolutely had to go, and 30 years too late. Yes the govt could have handled it better. Problems with a democracy I suspect.
                                Listening to Boehm I marvel at who the hell he's representing.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...