• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just because we dont believe the new Seed rules doesnt make me a NFUember!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just because we dont believe the new Seed rules doesnt make me a NFUember!

It seems its Seed growers and New farmers vs NFU in the seed debate.
    I for one am not a NFU member never have and never will be.
    But on the Seed debate I just have to look at the shit show in Canola and can see what will happen with wheat.
    The young farmers don't remember growing canola before the BS seed price for the same yield.
    THeir is no yield advantage in Canola its farming practices that have lead to the increase in yield were seeing. Hell 100lbs ammonia and 120 lbs of starter fertilizer plus burn off, plus disease control etc.
    Mother nature has helped also. We haven't seen a late july where it goes to close to 100 for a week and wind from the south and canola crop of 40 plus goes to 18 in a week, that's in the wet area of Canada.
    So yes inexperience maybe.
    Seed growers are looking after one thing their bottom line they don't give a rats ass about other farmers just a new way to make a buck.
    So no I'm no NFU member just a pissed off farmer at how seed will look in five years. No big yield vs now just another huge cost to farmers.
  • Reply to this Thread
  • Return to Topic List
Working...