• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pay Attention to the Rally

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pay Attention to the Rally

I realize many here are fighting with delivery challenges. Having said, be sure you are paying attention to the current wheat rally. I know driven by things like uncertainty in the Ukraine and the US HRW crop concerns.

I looking at carry in the market and better basis levels combined with working with grain companies to identify delivery windows even next fall and early winter. If you can't live with the basis (no one will like them) and think they will narrow, look at futures and options strategies. Pick your pricing points and have the discipline to act.

I would also pay attention to barley. Ukraine concerns are creating some short term feed barley export potential. If grain companies can find a window at the west coast, there could some sales made for summer delivery at substantially better prices than today.
  • Reply to this Thread
  • Return to Topic List
Working...