• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CWB story on BNN

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

land near my place is now selling for 1000 dollars per acre. I would call that success, of course it is not easy to buy that land without being well established, could always pay the high rents, farms have gotten larger and I did it myself to make my farm more competitive. As you know I am not into buying more land or taking on more rental acres. Some day I will retire and let a larger most likely larger acreage farmer take over. Perhaps a future daughter's husband would like to farm or one of my daughters. With this big new machinery there is not room for everyone. Never thought I would ever own a combine with 480 hp. When we have that machine working at 100 percent load it is easy to see that more hp is on the way. Chuck chuck some farmers did not want their kids farming cause they wanted to retire with all the procedes from selling to another farmer, thinking the kids cannot pay up. When I look around there is plenty of success around.

Comment

Chuck:
      You say 1,000s of farmers are leaving because
      farming is financially unsustainable.

And yet, you don't blame the CWB and think you
      should defend it to keep it.

Can you explain that?

Comment

Mbratrud:

Yes.
        Distant cousin.

Comment

The logic of the monopoly. Chuck says thousands of farmers leave the business and young people don't enter farming but lets keep the marketing structure that caused this.

Comment

50-55 bushel wheat land here is $18-2300/ac and not going down.
            Increasing demand

Comment

chuck
              You haven't answered any questions here. Your type had years of opportunity to modify an organization for the benefit of all and our industry. WE CAN STILL HAVE ONE!
              But like the old elevator managers, sit around your pot-bellied stove, reminisce, and ponder naively the real world outside the door!
              Perfect example of a razing requirement for rebirth.

Comment

You guys are so obsessed with blaming the CWB perhaps you forgot that there is a whole lot of farm products, the majority of farm products in this country that have nothing to do with the CWB.

The poor economics of farming and exodus of farmers are found in many countries including the US where they do not have a CWB.

So don't you think the poor farm economy and loss of farmers might be just a bit more complex than the alleged negative influences of the CWB?

Some you need to expand your thinking cap just a little.

I am just worried some of you won't have anything to talk about once the CWB is gone. LOL

Comment

I'm sure that they will talk about their various love affairs with Cargill, Viterra, ADM., etc., and how they are treating them so lovingly without interference from the CWB. Paradise found...indeed.

Comment

I don't think I ever blamed the CWB for evolution. To the contrary.
                    I am trying to figure out your message here.
                    Are you saying that if we had a board unchanged from this one, handling all farm produce, inputs and assets, we could all farm forever?
                    I'm afraid you've felt picked on for so long here you can no longer listen.

Comment

To Wilagro.
                      Did you not notice that with the current system we already do business with Viterra,Cargil,and ADM.Why? Because someone actually has to touch the grain to buy it from us.And not only do they handle our board grains for us but they make profit doing it.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                      • Return to Topic List
                      Working...