• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sask Crop Insurance always and forever a dud

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wiseguy
    After all these years sask crop insurance is still a dud !

Drought or flood !
    So is that a statement , a question? If you are going to post something at least give us some information behind the comment. If it is a statement, I don't disagree.

Comment

Lots of patchy Canola on lentil ground - very poor germination due to odyssey carryover- Farmers have gotten away with it For years even though it'sa Taboo Rotation.
      Crop insurance Appraising these fields this spring and I want to know if the Cause of Loss is STUPIDITY ??

Comment

Originally posted by mustardman View Post
        Lots of patchy Canola on lentil ground - very poor germination due to odyssey carryover- Farmers have gotten away with it For years even though it'sa Taboo Rotation.
        Crop insurance Appraising these fields this spring and I want to know if the Cause of Loss is STUPIDITY ??
        I d rather see a farmer get money from stupidity than our government. Blow 100 dollar oil revenues and be broke then take and raise crop premiums to fix your stupidity? Premiums were raised drastically by the current government too wet acres???? Why isn't that the same as other provinces? Less and less compensation for dry fields also. 80% coverage only??? Pay politicians 80% for a year that wil change in a hurry.
        Long term yields have not been addressed varieties better etc etc. Wipe out years should not be included in your average either.
        It's s program that helps but in many cases it's not sufficient and not being applied the way it should be.

Comment

Too high of premiums for inadequate coverage !

Crop insurance premiums should be free for Farmers !
          WTF?!?!?!

Comment

One thing about crop insurance, like it or not, you get paid crop by crop. GARS will not . Been there.
            It has a lot of issues don’t get me wrong , but you do get paid for crop loss , other insurance is even more of a shit show

Comment

Despite changes to the reference margin calculation participation in the ag stab program has not improved in sask !
              Producers got tired of sucking lemons....they might have to sugar coat it more to make it remotely palatable to more Producers.....

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
                One thing about crop insurance, like it or not, you get paid crop by crop. GARS will not . Been there.
                It has a lot of issues don’t get me wrong , but you do get paid for crop loss , other insurance is even more of a shit show
                That is true. Get rid of agristability make the coverage more about what you can grow not the disasters you suffered. No premium. Satellite claims on the field by field individually.
                Why the hell does a good calf crop kick those farmers out of collecting agristability on the grains crop? Beyond stupid except as an excuse not to pay.

Comment

The thing I can’t figure out is if I had half of my production go feed they have a quality factor number they use and add that to your good quality production. Sorry bozos it’s not a no.1 or 2 like you guarantee us .... it’s feed. We should be paid on loss of grade on everything below a no.2
                  I don’t understand how they can take part of your feed and actually turn around and call it a no.2
                  By the way it’s deadline day ..... make your payment today.

Comment

The farms here are bigger than ever, more diverse crops, spread out weather risks, efficient and maximum production. They must be keeping some profit every year. It seems like nobody is keeping cash flow/profits to self insure. Are farmers really leveraging inputs and machinery that close to the cutting edge? Is the financial reward really worth the risk and effort?

Comment

Originally posted by bigzee View Post
                      The thing I can’t figure out is if I had half of my production go feed they have a quality factor number they use and add that to your good quality production. Sorry bozos it’s not a no.1 or 2 like you guarantee us .... it’s feed. We should be paid on loss of grade on everything below a no.2
                      I don’t understand how they can take part of your feed and actually turn around and call it a no.2
                      By the way it’s deadline day ..... make your payment today.
                      I hear your frustration, half my canola is sample or a poor #3 and doubt im gonna get anything either, having said that it is still supposed to boil down to a gross $ per acre average and thats how they use those factors, may even gain if you can sell or blend at a better grade than feed. Crappy part is when they use the factors but don't have a claim anyhow and then your coverage gets reduced for future because of the factor reduction but you still grew the bushels.

If they would come out with a quality guarantee where you would be topped up to a 1 on the bushels you grew would for sure help the risk but is gonna make premiums go way up.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                      • Return to Topic List
                      Working...