• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NFU REPORT

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beetle, Always nice to get home in time to drink in yet more of your hate juice.

btw, It wasn't Weber I asked about re the mousache, it was furrow, because someone pointed to a moustached guy in Regina, saying they thought it was furrow.

But I will say, when I met Weber at Barley Freedom Day last year for the first time, I liked him with a moustache. Which reminds me, I'll have to create a moustache in my book. When I do read some of the posts on AV, I conjure up pictures of what the person doing the posting might be like.

I think about one bug in particular, his anger black, driving tractor all afternoon, his folds encrusted with fat blood-gorged lice, most of them flattened by the weight of his flat cheeks.The squashed bloody mass sticks to the little hairs in the warm damp creases, and the smell rises slightly as he scratches, again and again, inbetween bites from his canned-meat sandwich.

When he goes to coffee row, the drift of his own festering follows him, and as the guys quietly empty out, his anger builds yet more. Not knowledgeable enough to discuss issues and events, his mood thunderstorms as he drops word bombs on the last ones finshing up their coffee.

Even the children don't want to parrot him. It's not surprsing that no one asks what he does at home, or what he does to those at home, but no one really wants to know; they feel they are much safer not knowing.

Pars

Hyperbole really helps fictional description, doesn't it?

Comment

Parsley, some people say that you were the blond scandanavian transvestite in "Twisted Sister" is that true ?

Comment

Do you have that one tucked in with your snuff videos? Pars

Comment

The point being, and I've made it before, again and again, issues are what is interesting to discuss, differing ideas are important to compare and evaluate, farmer comparisons are useful in making decisions.

AV is a wonderful opportunity to come together as farmers, if it is self- deregulated from gossip. Making fun of what people wear, or how they look with a moustache, a beard or bald, or criticizing what kind of house a farmer lives in, or how they dress, is a way out to lash out at what you don't want to argue for, and that's when issues become demoted, and our minds get stuck, lacking the cleats that dig in to figure out how to improve our standard of living.

That being said, mustard, I must explore the world a little more, and buy the CD you reference. lol I have much to learn and miles to go before I sleep. Parsley

Comment

girls and you know who i am talking about. I had 60,000plus of barley that didn'tquite meet barley spec.s. Canada malt ageed to take it. Because I have been a good customer for 5 years. They would take it. The board would not give a contract. In their infiniite thinking would erode the integity of the pool.
            What a bunch of crap. I have barley that an user wants to buy and board stands in my way.
            Screw the CWB.

Comment

girls and you know who i am talking about. I had 60,000plus of barley that didn'tquite meet barley spec.s. Canada malt ageed to take it. Because I have been a good customer for 5 years. They would take it. The board would not give a contract. In their infiniite thinking would erode the integity of the pool.
              What a bunch of crap. I have barley that an user wants to buy and board stands in my way.
              Screw the CWB.

Comment

1. How about all cases like yours sending their confidential info to one party they trust. Decide on a person/co-ordinator.
                2. The Co-ordinator sets days in Winnipeg for rotating media interviews.

3. On each specific day, 6 farmers would attend and give intervies.

4. Take place on the CWB strps

5. Format prepared..the farmer could speak or have someone standing beside him to speak for him

6. This is bullshit to have a Board of Directors who's only concern is to look good. Pars

Comment

Jackflash the CWB does not grade grain. Either someone is giving you a line of BS or you are BSing to make a point.

Comment

Why would I do that. You should have been standing beside me at Agribition at the CWB booth.

Comment

stubblejumper,

Just face it... the pool accounts are the problem at the CWB. The contingency fund is just another pool account... being used to feed the real pool accounts.

Instead of being responsible business managers... CWB senior managers are hanging down by the seat of their pants... not using good risk management... and instead leaving us as growers holding that bag.

It is called Doing it the LAZY WAY... JUST LIKE ENRON AND WORLDCOM DID.

mAKE UP THE FACTS AS YOU GO... AND MAKE SURE THERE IS NO TRANSPARENCY OR INTEGRETY...
                      AND
                      ALWAYS...
                      ALWAYS HAVE A SCAPEGOAT TO BLAME WHEN THINGS GO SOUTH... WHICH IS MORE OFTEN THAN NOT!!!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                      • Return to Topic List
                      Working...