• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unabashed Self Promotion!!!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aww Willow Geek thanks for your insite and knowledge of the cattle business-here's some crayons-go colour a cow for us. That's a boy-don't colour outside the lines. Step up to the ring and try and steal some baldies-I wish you all the best. Ever heard of Mission Impossible lol.

Comment

Herefords are not baldies...its the other breed in the mix that is giving them the value.What does the Hereford do except lower the milk and fertility.Antiques...plain and simple!

Comment

Well that post shows how much you know about the cattle business-I'll give you credit that is about the dumbest thing I've ever seen posted-kudos to you my friend. Good luck at the Darwin Awards.I should know better than to argue with those that God didn't gift with a clear intellect-I apologize.

Comment

You can't respond with facts-just name calling.For my money the Salers-Shorthorn cross produce the best results.No Hereford influence required,thank you.I prefer milk,performance,and buyers demand at the end of the day.

Comment

Put your real name up like a man would and I'll call you that-do you juggle or just do stand up comedy. I'd like to hire you for some presale hilarity.

Comment

Its Richard Holden..I already gave that in a previous thread.We R-calf supporters are not afraid to use our names.Why should we be.We are PROUD to be honest cattlemen!

Comment

Well Mr. Richard Holden where is your proof that Hereford/Angus baldie is less fertile and milks less than a straight Angus. Not knocking the breeds but most order buyers don't jump to the front when Salers calves hit the ring. I want documented proof not the R-Calf twist and wiggle change the facts proof.

Comment

Willow Kreek, Those Saler cattle make fair steeplechasers I bet your jackass has a job keeping up to them.

Comment

In a presentation at the Stock show in Denver a few years back one of the keynote speakers stated that crossbreeding with Herfords while initally benefitting from hybrid vigor would soonafter cause at least a 10%drop in fertility and probably a 12-15% drop in milk.Our family used to raise Herefords and I could not argue with his statements.
                    It seemed strange to me at the time none of the Hereford breeders that were there (and there were quite a few I recognized)challenged his statements.I even saw a few of them nodding in agreement.
                    I don't remember his name but I believe he was an Animal science professor at the University of Oklahoma.

Comment

That sounds like a typical R-Calf arguement-facts from somewhere by somebody whose name you don't remember.I'll go with the anecdotal evidence of 1,000's of ranchers who've paid the mortgage and put the kids through college running baldy cows. It was a good try though your R-Klansmen will be proud of you.

Comment

You just don't want to hear the truth.I keep telling you its not the baldy cow that I'm talking about its Herfords.They are being made to look good by the other breed in the mix.You would get way better results with Charolais,Gelbvieh,Simmentals etc.(I prefer Salers)And sorry if I don't remember the name of everyone I ever listened to in my entire life.I told you when and where....just don't know the mans name.

Comment

Your a funny guy Ricky-and where did you hear this presentation-it's not beyond the realm of possibility you got B'S'ed at the Denver Stock Show-you wouldn't be the first or last. So I take it you won't be using my wee bully lol.

Comment

Actually I may just use him!!I have quite a few cows that have way too much milk,they are way to fertile and I can't keep the buyers away.He should solve all those problems nicely.

Comment

Go for it!!!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...