• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Willowcreek?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Couple of things I don't understand about this subject.

Why does a cow stepping across the 49th or 200 miles north, become inferior? Why would the US farmers want to buy land up here if he will grow inferior cattle that the buyers will pay less for only to let packers take south and make huge profits?

I have ate corn fed, silage fed, barley fed and grass fed beef I think they are all a matter of personal preforance. I know which I like best but others like different and I have had poor quality in what I like, on both sides of the boarder.

Is the problem not with the buyer/packer not with the producer? If the producer on both sides of the boarder demanded more you would both be happy.

A upper level manager of Cargil once told me that what "they" wanted was the USA to grow the grain and wanted Canada raising those stinken pigs and cattle "BUT, THEY WANTED TO OWN THEM"

Looks to me that they are going to get their way unless producers of both cattle and grain, on both sides of the boarder don't band together.

Divide and Conquer.

Comment

wmoebis ["Divide and Conquer"]

They have already conquered NCBA,CCA, ABP, USDA, and CFIA...Thats why we need other organizations/groups that will still truly fight for the cattleman and the family farmer...Its late in the game- but we have been winning some down here-- and will put a huge hole into the Cargil/Tyson/Swift/etals globalization/integration game plan with the passage of M-COOL- and maybe even get the PSA laws enforced again- along with a good chance at passing a Packer ownership law.....

But from what I see coming out of most Canadians is that they are happy with the status quo-- Just get the border opened so we can ride on the shirttails of the US producer again-- without any thoughts of what more could happen in the future... Truly SAD...

Comment

Three simple letters WillowCreek CRP-my buddy baled several hundred acres down there during the drought-got paid to keep out of production but still got to bale it-if you want to talk subsidies look out your front door at your neighbors. What a hypocrit and you haven't conquered anything but your fear of lying.

Comment

CRP was only opened to some haying in drought areas, after the Canadian subsidized hay had put so many local hay producers out of business or to raising something else......And even then they got a reduced payment to hay only 1/2 at the most.....Something like the Canuck BSE disaster payments you could get for not selling your calves--or for the loss you suffered on your fats (that the Packers took most of...LOL)
          Another cause and effect of NAFTA-- just like the subsidized prairie program helped to cause the Canadian herd to grow by 2 or 3 times- putting more pressure on the US cattlemen, since Canadian beef has no identity and has to sold into the US to be passed off as US, in order for it to sell...

Nope, NAFTA has been a lose/lose situation for American farmer/ranchers while Canada expanded their herds with subsidized grazing/hay--and never would/did open their border freely for US cattle....

Comment

Willowcreek: Well thank heavens you aren't setting US policy! If you think NAFTA was bad for America you really need to do some research?
            Don't even go there with the subsidy thing because you are totally wrong! The subsidies to the US farmer are well documented and can never compare with the pittance we might get up here. The fact is you are one of the most heavily subsidized agriculture countries in the world!
            You seem to set great store in the fact the Democrats won big time in the recent elections? It has always been my observation that trade issues become a lot easier when the democrats are in? They talk a good game but don't ever deliver? Sort of like our Liberals up here!

Comment

cowman-- The good news for US, but bad news for Canada is that of the almost 40 new individuals coming in-- the majority are old "Bluedog conservative" America first Democrats that replace neo-conservative Globalist corporate backing Republicans...

That tells me that the backlash against selling out our country and our countries small business's by these neo-con New World Order politicians, isn't just something thats happening in my area or something just I'm seeing-- its happening across the nation, and is just the beginning of a rising tide...

Thats why I keep saying that Canuck producers better get off their arses and start trying to get some identity to their product and some markets beside the US...The gravy train days of riding on the shirttails of the US cattleman might be short lived....

Comment

A lot of other industries up there in draft dodger heaven better take note as well.Gone will be the days of coddling your forestry industry and letting your energy companies ie.hydro and petroleum bleed us dry for their huge profits.All this while you have lived for decades under the protection of our military.If not for Uncle Sam you would probably all be drinking vodka or speaking Chinese.

Comment

...you should be real proud willow -kreek...taking all the poor folk and put em in your army...one thing never changes in history...those that want to conquer usually leave their poor bleeding on the field...i would think willowcreek would even agree with that...pretty soon you yanks won't be able to take a sh$t without the sky falling in...so who is really winning...

Comment

Don't tell my Polish in-laws that there's something wrong with drinking vodka! LOL

Comment

Evil Canadian corporations are bleeding America dry with their huge petroleum and hydro profits! Lions and tigers and bears... OH MY! What a hoot!

Kreek .. didn't Cowman voice a suspicion that you are a stealth Canuck? I've never heard an American call an electricity company a hydro company .. mmmmm .....

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                      • Return to Topic List
                      Working...