• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another Mad Cow Suspected Cases

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The cow was from a farm just north of Lamont. It was purchased last year from a herd dispersal in a package of 20 cows from a sale held in Clyde @ Nilsson Bros. The cow originated from a herd also from the Lamont area

Comment

Willowcreek, since you brought it up, please post the _many_ scientist's reports on the 50 month old.

Knowledge is power Willowcreek - don't just tease us with your fancy talk ...

Bring the links reporting on our 50 mth old cow.

"Many of the scientists are now suggesting that the potency of the infectivity in the 50 month old to have it manifest itself at that young age and test positive indicates that the disease could be manifesting itself and appearing in cattle under 30 months old......"

Comment

All these reports and the statistics on all the 20-30 month olds have been posted numerously on the websites cattletoday and ranchersnet...This one is hard to post on because of its archaic format which won't allow links.

Do some searching on any of them and you can find them...

Stop the US cattle if you want to- but it appears CFIA, the Canadian government and Canadian public have no problem with US beef/cattle since they just reopened the border to ALL US beef/cattle of all ages (including seedstock) without a peep out of any of you....

Couldn't be that Canadians are afraid to comment because it may hold up their getting back on the US gravy train and riding the shirtails of the US producer?

Comment

NO willowcreek... here is what you said -
          "Many of the scientists are now suggesting that the potency of the infectivity in the 50 month old to have it manifest itself at that young age and test positive indicates that the disease could be manifesting itself and appearing in cattle under 30 months old..."

I'll repeat the part where you made a point of talking about our 50 mth old...

"suggesting that the potency of the infectivity in the 50 month old "

Then I asked you twice about the 50 mth old.

Bring the links reporting on our 50 mth old cow willowcreek

can't do it, can you? go ahead change your story or the topic.

Comment

InAHurry- they are there too..Do a little searching because there was some posted..Do you want us to do everything for you?

Comment

You know Willowcreek your arrogance toward the canadian cattle industry and the people who are involved in it totally disgusts me. I don't understand why you bother to post on this site if you feel that the industry on this side of the border is so inept !!

Comment

My father told me many years ago that if someone treats you like a crook before they even deal with you then you are probably dealing with a crook.I guess that in Willowcreeks case the fact he treats everyone up here like a prick actually makes him the real prick.

Comment

Willowcreek has perfected the R-Calf slither and slide-can you believe that somebody like that could be a law officer in the state of Montana-thank god you have to pass a fitness test mental and physical before you become a Mountie not just B'S the voters. Why don't you find a bunch of your R-Calf Cow Nazi buddies and go drink your own bath water-if anything erodes consumer confidance in the U'S it will be your lies and spin doctoring.

Comment

coppertop- Is there a Canadian cattle industry? I haven't seen it...The events of the last few years looks like it is just a tag along to the US industry...

As far as my comments -Like returns like--which I know is not right, but the apathy of the Canadian producer is so sad its hard not to comment about it...Like the Canadian author said "business as usual"... Which apparently no one can see is what got you in the pickle...

But then no one wants to comment about his article- its easier to just blame R-CALF and some Americans for all the problems- sit back and wait for the US to come to the rescue and "eventually" open the border.....Then you can really go back to "business as usual"...

Canadian cattle industry--LOL

Comment

Willowcreek I sense a bit of concern about the Canadian industry that really has nothing to do with BSE !!

After hearing about the new surcharge for anyone entering the US, I have decided that I don't need to travel there anymore. I wish a lot of the SNOWBIRDS that spend their winters in the US would 'cowboy up' and tough it out in our winters vs spending a lot of dollars in a country that thinks we are full of disease and terrorists !!

Comment

I think in one of the other threads with cowman I commented about this-- I don't think you will ever see things the same again...Doubt I'll buy a $90 passport to go north either ( and the border is less than 50 miles away) - as will many others- especially after many locals got caught north of the border on 9/11 and found they couldn't even get back in their own country for several days- weeks...

Worlds changing- US is changing- US population is becoming much more protectionist and isolationist...Upcoming Nov election could be quite telling....

Comment

Personally I think it is a very sad thing how the USA is isolating itself from the rest of the world, and Canada in particular.
                          Sooner or later the American public will wake up to the fact that their leaders are taking them down the wrong path? The war in Iraq is a disaster that will basically break the US economy.
                          Maybe a new American leader is needed?
                          How smart is it to restrict commerce? The fact is everyone makes money when you have a free flow of goods across our common border?
                          I find it funny that R-CALF is so focussed on the small Canadian cattle herd, while their own government is gearing up to let South American beef in? How is Brazil and Argentinas BSE status...well I guess if you never test or look for it...it might be very good!
                          Like grassfarmer says: The world has moved on. BSE is yesterdays news. The only ones who want to keep it current are the Canadian haters in R-CALF...and of course their buddies the animal rights groups! I wonder how come?

Comment

cowman- I think you are mistaken about it only being the concern of R-CALF-- unless R-CALF is now also setting all
                            government policy...Here is an excerpt from a news article...

"The U.S. government said it intends to tighten agricultural inspections at the Canada-U.S. border in an effort to guard against the perceived threat of pests, disease and even bioterrorism. As a result, commercial products and air travelers crossing the border will be subject to "user fees" as of Nov. 24, Canadian Press reported.

Commercial aircraft arriving in the U.S. from Canada will have to pay $70.25, trucks $5.25 per crossing or $105 for the year, loaded rail cars $7.50 and commercial vessels $488, Canadian Press reported, adding that many of the fees will increase slightly in the next fiscal year."

Comment

I question what good this new FEE is going to be to the US, other than force Canadians to pay for the US ramped up border security.

Passenger vehicles don't seem to be on the list but if the real issue is preventing horrible disease etc. to enter the US, then why would passenger vehicles be exempt ?

I understand that the Canadian government is going to attempt to persuade the US to cancel their proposed fees, but I am not holding out much hope that our government will be successful. The US is running out of allies, and for their government to take aim at Canadian travellers and truckers hauling produce is certainly not the way to treat their closest neighbour.

I think we are far too lax in our security measures at our borders and perhaps this initiative will make our government realize we need to be a more protectionist country ourselves.

Comment

coppertop-"I think we are far too lax in our security measures at our borders and perhaps this initiative will make our government realize we need to be a more protectionist country ourselves."

I think that is what has brought it about...Years ago we thought of Canada as a barrier to prevent problems from coming in from the north- but years of inept policy and lax enforcement has led to this along with the many other increased border moves..

And even now that the new politics in Ottowa seem somewhat acceptable they are moving at a snails pace...I just saw an article where the PM says it will take 10 years to arm all the border guards at the entry ports..

It appears now that there is even a focus to convert Malmstrom AFB (Great Falls) mission to be to protect the US border from the north..

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...