• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hay Prices

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My son in law has several hundred round (5x5.5)hay bales for sale in west central Sask. He can be contacted at 306-573-2087.

Comment

food4u-- I'll give that number to a couple of people that have called me looking for hay..We've sold about all we can justify letting go right now- and will have to see what we get from a second cutting before we decide if we can sell anymore...

A lot of dryland and CRP hay wasn't worth cutting this year so some just south of the border are a looking...

Comment

Willowcreek.......

Any hay heading south will have to be attached to an OTM cow before I'll send any.

Comment

Woolybear- quote "Any hay heading south will have to be attached to an OTM cow before I'll send any."

I say go for it- form a national movement...

I wish that would happen..I had to cut back on amount of hay produced because of all the cheap Canadian...Couple years of subsidized Canadian hay selling for $20 Ton cut into the local hay production...

If no-one up there sells to the states- I'd have 350 Ton of year old that I want $45 Ton for that would sell in a minute then- maybe even get $50...

Comment

God Bless a Capitalist-protectionist America.

Don't know where you ever get the idea that any of our hay is subsidized.

Comment

Well, if anyone has been getting a hay subsidy, please let me know because I want my share !!!
              Willowcreek please explain the subsidy, perhaps you haven't received the correct information.

Comment

Willowcreek: Subsidized Hay!!!! Hahahahahah!!!!! What a joke! If there is such a thing up here, please.....do fill me in on the details, I could sure use it right about now! ....especially with the prices on our culls!!! And considering the fact that we were completely left out of the high price cycle because of this ridiculous bse crap!

Comment

Well, You folks must have missed out- because some of these hay guys north of me said that they got paid $85 an acre under some Prairie Province Programs to reseed their wheat land into hay or pasture when the CROW rate was killed...The reason they are raising hay or cattle now- and the reason there was such a glut that they were having to sell it for $20 Ton...

I don't care what you want to call it- but getting paid $85 an acre to reseed is a subsidy...

Comment

Willowcreek how anybody from the land of CRP can complain about subsidies is beyond me. You truly are a piece of work my R-Calf blinded friend-I guess CRP isn't a subsidy it's one of those famous 'Montana Farm Programs' only Canadians have subsidies according to the R-Calfian gospel. Isn't Sheridan county, Montana one of the most heavily subscribed CRP counties percentage wise in the U'S. The outfit I was working on sure seemed to be haying alot of it during the drought. Us Canadians are too busy making a living to start a bowel movement like R-Calf.

Comment

Thats great wilson- the more hay you keep up there- the more hay we have to sell down here...

I like your attitude - keep everything closed for the next 20 years....

And since your paranoia brought R-CALF into a thread where they had not even been mentioned- Find me one place where R-CALF has ever supported the CRP program...Find me one place where I have ever supported the CRP program...It has been the death of much of rural America...

Comment

Whatever OT my point was that Montana producers receive as much or more subsidies as anybody-and once you get the R-Calf stink on you it never comes off. Why not take your whiny R-Calf crap somewhere else-all that organization has done is tell lies and erode consumer confidance in beef of any kind-a real organization to support.

Comment

I was explaining why you can buy hay in this area for $20 Ton some years- last year you couldn't give it away...

First it was Canada's subsidized hay- then it was allowing the CRP to be hayed in drought years- then after some of the big corporates bought up much of the CRP they were able to get USDA to allow where you can hay CRP 1 out of every 3 years...

All of it went to kill many of the local hay producers- who no longer raise as much- and now this dry year, some who counted on CRP are very short...

What benefits one- doesn't always benefit the other..Kind of the same with Canada's captive supply cattle going into the US market...

But I think its comical that some in Canada are so paranoid that they see Boogie Man Bullard hiding behind every corner and under every bed...
                          What a powerful group R-CALF must have become to produce such paranoia..LOL

Comment

What a powerful group R-CALF must have become to produce such paranoia..LOL

Kind of like Cuba?

Comment

My son in law was telling me tonight that he would consider taking some cows on trade for hay if that would help anyone,or possably custom feeding for the winter.

Comment

Not sure if hay is really profitable at 2 cents or even 3? I think horse hay(small bales) is still profitable...if the check doesn't bounce!
                                But when you consider the alternative of grain or even canola, hay probably is close?
                                I believe if you can buy hay for 3 cents or less it makes more sense to let someone else deal with the weather, high machinery/fuel costs, etc.? You might get burned in a dry year but overall...? How much hay land do you need to justify owning a haybine, v- rake, baler etc.?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...