• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Beef Industry Conference

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think the reluctance of the ABP to endorse any plan put forward by BIG C or others is what is the best way to structure the financing.

It may be that the method whereby irrigation is funded in this province provides a model that works. Cost sharing by the province and participating Irrigation Districts provides a practical, established, working method of seeing expensive capital intensive, enviromentally sensitive projects move ahead.

And since these irrigation projects directly compete with existing dryland producers in Alberta and elsewhere the issue of government supporting and providing bridge financing to a producer packing plant that will compete with existing public shareholder packing plants becomes irrelevant.

Just an idea...

Comment

...it is interesting when it comes to government picking winners and losers...heard Ag minister Horner talking on expansion of Sunterra's plant in Innisfail...he went on to say how nice it was to see the added slaughter capacity and great job the Price family and investors ...in their specialized packing plant will provide for the industry...

Comment

rkaiser...has your team ever talked to the UPA of Quebec...just wonder if someone partnered up with the Quebec boys the feds would take a look...it seems to me to get something out of Ottawa you would have to start in Quebec...

Comment

Farmer Son: I think the reluctance of the ABP to endorse any plan put forward by BIG C or others is what is the best way to structure the financing.

It would be very interesting to know ABP's reluctance. Derogatory opinions and letter to the editor and insults by APB representatives at producer meetings would suggest that it is more than a question of structuring the financing. When you find out what the real reason is, please let us know?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...