• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BSE is here to stay.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Only one case of vCJD to date in the US? If I remember Mark Purdey's presentation correctly there were several cases on Long Island/Statten Island. This is one of the clusters he has discovered and speculated that it was linked to being under the flight path from the main airports serving NY city. Similarily in the UK he has identified clusters close to airforce bases and civilian airports.

Comment

An Apple a Day May Do More Than You Think (usinfo.state.gov, November 19, 2004)

According to a recent Cornell University press release, a study by the Korea Science and Engineering Foundation and USDA found the same chemicals that protect apples against bacteria, viruses and fungi may also protect the brain from damage-causing free radicals. Apples contain the phyto- nutrient quercetin, which researchers have found protects the brain cells of rats when they are invaded by oxidative stress in laboratory tests. A subsequent study showed the same phyto-nutrient protects nerve cells against hydrogen peroxide better than the antioxidant vitamin C. Researchers also found that apples supply a major source of bioactive compounds believed to help reduce the risk of neurodegenerative disorders such as Alzheimer's disease.

(http://www.usinfo.state.gov)

Comment

Heard a rumor (whether correct or not) that David Suzuki on the CBC's Nature of Things is to address the BSE situation in Canada on his program to be aired this week or next. I was told to brace myself about what he was going to report...... This, like I said, was only a verbal rumor and may not have any merit.....Just in case it is true, keep your eyes on your TV program guide! (Just a Heads Up.)

Comment

I think QR77 said David will be on thier radio station fri(26). Not sure what time,I think in the am.

Comment

The Nature of Things show (David Suzuki) was supposed to be on tonight - I didn't see. It will be repeated on Sunday (CBC) at 3:00 pm.

See - http://www.cbc.ca/natureofthings/show_apocalypsecow.html#video1

It is a two part series.

Comment

I watched part two tonight.Pretty much the same as part one I thought

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
              • Return to Topic List
              Working...