• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CCA elects new president

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CCA elects new president

Canadian Cattlemen's Association Elects New President
    Stan Eby, a Kincardine, Ontario cattle producer, was elected President of the Canadian Cattlemen's Association (CCA) at the association's Annual General Meeting held March 25 - 26 in Ottawa. Neil Jahnke assumes the position of Past President.
    "Regaining access for Canadian beef into the U.S. and Mexico markets has progressed us well along the road to recovery, however we've still got a long journey and many challenges ahead of us," says Eby. "I'm committed to doing my utmost for the Canadian beef industry. With a strong Board of Directors and dedicated staff, I'm confident that we will persevere and our industry will recover."
    Hugh Lynch-Staunton of Lundbreck, Alberta was elected Vice President of CCA. John Newman of North Gower, Ontario was elected Chair of the Beef Information Centre and Mike Cook of Dapp, Alberta was elected Vice Chair. The Beef Information Centre is the North American marketing division of the CCA.
    At the AGM the CCA Board of Directors reconfirmed the organization's ongoing actions and efforts in recovering markets for the Canadian beef industry. The Board also reaffirmed the CCA's position of advocating free and open markets, with little or no direct government assistance other than during times of severe disaster, and reaffirmed its advocacy for an integrated North American market for free trade in beef and cattle. The CCA is calling on the Federal Government to take a strong advocacy role in re-opening markets and developing new markets for Canadian beef and cattle by ensuring that all necessary resources are devoted to these issues.
    www.cattle.ca
    Release date - March 28, 2004
  • Reply to this Thread
  • Return to Topic List
Working...