• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who will pay?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I still think that if we withheld product from the market even for a short time(2-4 weeks) we could have a great impact.Just think of all the people down the line that would be affected.Truckers,elevators,railways,processors,cr ushers,etc would all be at a standstill.Heck,there may not even be bread on the shelf at the grocery store.They would not have time to find replacement supply and surely everyone could go a couple weeks without cashflow.

Comment

Who will pay?

Excellent rant rsomer. In an earlier post you mentioned Sheila and the Liberals. It was disheartening yesterday that when the rally was held in Ottawa in conjunction with the Western Cattle Drive truck arriving that there was not a single rep. from the Liberal gov't to address the people.

I suppose they were busy ensuring Svend's gay anti-hate bill passed. (Not that I am opposed to any anti-hate legislation but we can surely see where this govenments priorities are).

At least the day before there was a few Liberals that stood and voted with their conscience and against the "namby pamby" party line.

Wouldn't it be great if the "right" (C.A. and P.C.'s) actually did unite?

Comment

Excellent rant rsomer. In an earlier post you mentioned Sheila and the Liberals. It was disheartening yesterday that when the rally was held in Ottawa in conjunction with the Western Cattle Drive truck arriving that there was not a single rep. from the Liberal gov't to address the people.

I suppose they were busy ensuring Svend's gay anti-hate bill passed. (Not that I am opposed to any anti-hate legislation but we can surely see where this govenments priorities are).

At least the day before there was a few Liberals that stood and voted with their conscience and against the "namby pamby" party line.

Wouldn't it be great if the "right" (C.A. and P.C.'s) actually did unite?

Comment

I have noticed some anti American sentiments on this forum. While the stupidity of these comments does not warrant a response, I will make a brief comment. You people feel that this (BSE problem) was planned and that there is a conspiracy against your industry. Why do people in Canada not understand economics.
          The reality of the situation is that your own population is too small to handle the production off of your vast land base. This means that you are dependant on outside countries to buy your produce.
          That is reality.
          Either eat more of your own beef or export the excess. Once you have to export the product you loose control, unless there is a large demand for the product. What I really want to say is that you and your homo loving country has been blessed big time by the God Fearing nation of the United States of America. There reason your beef prices have dropped is not because of a conspiracy here, but rather because you were unfortunate enough to have BSE case in your national herd. Once you lost the blessing of USA dollars buying your beef, the price drops. Big Time.

I have been following what you fools up there have been doing and maybe you should start thinking about returning to God's values. God's hand of blessing will be lifted unless you fools start deciding what is right and wrong. This does not relate to the cattle issue right now-- but rather in general to what is happening in Canada. I am actively involved here in the USA in trying to bring our country to its senses and knowing right from wrong. We have enough to worry about ourselves. I do not need to help you with your stupidity. The USA itself suffers from economic hardships caused by misguided leadership etc.
          But this much is true.
          If the USA and Canada does not return to honoring God in our country and homes we will start to see some real negative changes. Changes that we are already seeing.

Comment

Godlovestheusa
            I would like to comment on this only because you obviously have a challenge with people in general. These forums are meant to express who we are and how we feel and recieve some feed back from others to help us find common ground. We are all people of the land and therefore have our own sense of personal belief. Most of us do believe in the same things you do I'm sure. However, many of us also believe that our free speech isn't really free in that our beliefs have cost each of us at one point in life time or another. We have done as much Canadian political bashing as American and if you feel the issues surrounding this BSE thing are strictly based on science I would think you probably need to review the issue from start to finish. You said "The USA itself suffers from economic hardships caused by misguided leadership etc." Well you can take out USA and add Canada and I'm sure not one of us in these forums would disagree. For that matter almost every country around the world could go into that USA spot.

We don't hate you as country or our leaders as people, we just don't agree with the way some of the issues are handled! Without discussion on how we at the industry level feel, how would any of us reach a conclusion as to what we as individuals can do to correct the challenge.

Given the passion in your opinion, I for one support you in expressing your thoughts and feelings.

Comment

I was just thinking how everything is going to work out for the Canadian Beef industry. A lot of the gays and lesbians couples that we have will want to move to Canada to enjoy the liberal freedoms that you have in your "free" society. Well, gays and lesbians eat beef, or at least some of them do. I can just see it now. Male couples walking down the streets of Calgary, holding hands, kissing and sharing a hamburger made from Canadian beef. What a pretty picture.

Comment

do i detect a latent issue that should be dealt with?

Comment

Is this guy for real? Do you ever wonder how an idiot like Bush got elected?
                  We are one people. We too are North Americans! Hopefully we aren't all dingbats like "God loves the Usa!"
                  That's scary!

Comment

maybe God loves places besides the USA

Comment

The point is that we do not need your gays and lesbians, we do not need your drugs and terrorists. And we do not need your beef. On the other hand you do need our American dollars. If you think you don't, then why has the price of your beef dropped so much.

Canadians have lot sight of a lot. But most of all they, or their politicians have lost sight of right and wrong.

You might like to blaim the USA for your problems. Why not. Everyone else does. The fact is that the USA is what it is today because it is a God fearing nation. A sinful nation yes. But still a God fearing nation.

I can not see how Canada can call itself a God fearing nation with the recent decisions that have been taken in its national government.

Only those people who do not recognize God as a sovereign power would think that there will be no consequences for the course of action taken by their government.

Comment

just wondering - do you still want our natural gas and electricity?

Comment

Ah Ha
                          Now you are talking about something that we need. Energy and Fresh Water we need. But your beef and cattle no. The USA does not need that. You would like to think that the trade off would be beef for oil.
                          My God you Canadians are stupid.
                          The trade off is gas and oil for American dollars, without which you would not have an economy. We as Americans can be glad that we hve access to your energy, for which we pay world prices, transportation costs included.

Someone mentioned President Bush.
                          I suppose your President Crechen is the worlds greatest genius. He does not even know right or wrong. Whatever he thinks will get votes is the way to lead the country. The fish stinks from the head and Canada reaks from all corners of the country now.

Canadian beef producers will have to learn that they have a surplus of beef and no where to sell it.

We do not want it or need it.
                          How much do Americans care about your beef industry. About as much as Alberta beef producers care about the beef industry on Prince Edward Island.
                          It does not matter to us at all.
                          If someone thinks that they should shut off the oil and gas to the USA. just think how that would effect your economy. There would not even be enough money for your governments to run.

I think that you need our USA dollars more then we need your energy. We can buy energy with our dollars at world prices, from anywhere. You can not export your gas any where else. You are real lucky we are buying from you at such high prices.

Comment

i get it - its dick cheney

Comment

I realize this guy is just out to get a response! Which is okay...lets us vent a bit! Lord knows we need that!
                              Why do you think we need you? Is it because we need to buy all your overpriced garbage? Why couldn't we just join the EU? After all we are a British/French country, right? And if they had us in the fold couldn't we just make you sweat?
                              America without a doubt is the show right now! It doesn't mean that is how it will always be! "Empires" come and go! Read your history! America is pretty well hated universally right now! About your only friends are Great Britain And Canada! You don't need to be bashing your freinds! Religious nuts!!!
                              If you are so ignorant that you can't see that your greatest supporters(the cow/calf sector in western Canada) are a little bit put out at you, then you need to do a reality check??? Get a life and when you grow up check back in?

Comment

Gee...was it something I said. I stand by my words, they are true. GLTUSA words only serve to confirm my position.

I would welcome comments from American producers on any issues relating to the beef industry. Their views on NAFTA, BSE of course, COOL, RCalf, countervails, U.S. Farm Bill, bluetongue and anaplasmosis, traceback, how to coordinate marketing in order to increase North American beef consumption, all would be of interest to me.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...